What's new

Shaving, uh, other parts... of your body with a DE

Actually, Airplane II the one on the space shuttle. Airplane (the original) was a woman putting on make up, IIRC. (gosh will I be :redface: if I got that reversed)

I can't remember which. It was a running joke, they kept cutting to him and he was destroying his face something horrible. You actually feel sorry for him until he finishes and decides to liberally apply the aftershave.... :lol:

I can't remember which. It was a running joke, they kept cutting to him and he was destroying his face something horrible. You actually feel sorry for him until he finishes and decides to liberally apply the aftershave.... :lol:

I did cringe just thinking about it. :eek:

The subject that keeps on resurfacing . . . despite the squeamishness of some, I think it's about time we recognized it as a something rather a lot us do.

I use the sideburn attachment on an old electric for my armpits (after 40, they start getting pretty unsightly, lol) and a cartridge razor for the ol' undercarriage. I find the smaller razor head more, well, maneuverable. It's not like there's wide open flat spaces to work with down there!

NANP™

The Gillette 7-Oh! Razor to which I've repeatedly referred is your ticket.

It can get into every took and cranny, and it's chic and long-handled.

No need for carts., trimmers, etc., when you have a tool like this - so long as you keep your strokes delicate.

If I were to use a different razor for the task it'd indisputably be the Slim Twin II disposable.

Last edited:
My co-worker asked me this evening to change is buzz cut into a chrome dome with his 40s SS. Everything went well, except for the fact that he only had Barbasol. Now he looks like this.:001_smile

Personally I don't shave "the undercarriage" (too good term to let it pass :D) since I'm quite hairy all over so it would look a bit stupid with a clean shave down there. I still use trimmer though, the beard trimmer on a philishave works great! :D

No, I don't do the latter regularly, was having an operation down there and thought I'd make it easier. :eek:

I sweat like a made man going to the feds, so I shave the armpit area pretty regularly with a pretty recent black-handled Schick injector. DEs I've tried, but it's harder to maintain that angle with that head and it's too easy to get ingrown hairs or even *gulp* scrapes and cuts. Deodorant's not fun to apply if that happens.

I personally think waxing is a better option for backs, legs, . . . etc .

And that's all I'm going to say, as this thread frightens me. :eek:

I JUST shaved my stomach and chest with a DE..I just started using them again and Im using Wilkinson blades..Its ok I guess.I need to learn how to angle so I can get the blade to cut better and better..But to be honest I like it better than my razor.The onyl reason I like my razor is because the ease of it..Pass and leave..As far as the man region goes..Trimmer with head attachments or just the lowest attachment..
Im trying to find the fastest most comfterbole way to shave my chest and stomach and I cant seem to have any luck..

I use to wax but between the pain and the time period where the hair is not long enough and not short enough..It got annoying.

If I may chip in on zhis one - I do it too...and is not a big deal all of you guys that are "frightened" by this thread :D
It does take me more time than with cart (fusion) but the shave is as smooth and of course less irriating. Last night tried it on chest and stomach and it was just lather swipe rinse DONE! I use EJ89 and Astra SP. My go to bladws flr face shaving are Polsilvers but my pther regions prefer something less sharp

I'm a woman, so my shaving is armpits, arms and legs. I had no trouble learning to shave with a DE razor, which I've only been doing since last summer. Yes, it takes longer. However, the results are so much better: no razor burn or cuts, and baby smooth. I also enjoy using shaving soap or cream with a badger brush and applying aftershave. I didn't get any nasty cuts when I started DE shaving, even in areas like the backs of my legs, which I couldn't see.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've done it before without a nick. I was VERY careful though.
I trim "down there" about once a month. I normally use Wahl clippers with a 1/16" guard to trim, and a straight razor to shave.

So, I was just curious if anyone has tried shaving anything from the neck down?

I tried searching for this, and if it's been asked I'm sorry.

So, anyone tried shaving their chest, back, armpits, nether regions or legs/feet with a DE meant for your face.

(I know they make ladies' DEs)
For any below the neck shaves (after electric/battery trimmers) I still use a cart (Trac ll or Mach 3) but the shaves are better (no irritation, burn, or bumps) when doing all the other wet shave protocols like using brush, soap, witch hazel, non-alcohol aftershave to moisturize, etc. Just keep a separate set of tools for the body.

No, I don't do the latter regularly, was having an operation down there and thought I'd make it easier. :eek:

I sweat like a made man going to the feds, so I shave the armpit area pretty regularly with a pretty recent black-handled Schick injector. DEs I've tried, but it's harder to maintain that angle with that head and it's too easy to get ingrown hairs or even *gulp* scrapes and cuts. Deodorant's not fun to apply if that happens.
I shave in the evening, so applying deodorant the next morning isn't problematic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom