What's new

Shaving, uh, other parts... of your body with a DE

Schick Quattro
proxy.php

Protector wires so you don't get a gash if you accidentally slip sideways.

I'm just sayin'...

I shave everything with my DEs, constantly.

And it's exceedingly easy, easier than doing so on the face: more flat surfaces.

Rarely get a cut.

My favorite razor for body shaving, as well as shave shaving, is my Gillette 7 O'Clock. Thin, long plastic handle with a sleek, non-bulky metal head.

Second best is the Lord 3-Piece, Long Handled.

Last edited:
Ok, embarassingly enough I have to say I have been cursed with excess body hair. For the most part DE shaving works quite well, although I am more prone to getting ingrown hairs on my body than my face. The one area I have trouble with is getting to the area around my shoulder blades. I'm using a HD right now, Any ideas on any razors that might make this area easier?

HD is too thick and bulky for good body work. Pits, bits, shoulders, etc.

I like Lord 3-pieces and Gillette 7 O'Clock razors for this work, the latter being significantly better, and my favorite razor.

proxy.php

Mine is this, though bought in Dubai and bought in a different package, for roughly 1 USD.

Last edited:
and always...

use a soft brush.
I use a boar brush and I'd say I'm not the toughest guy I know. It's not scratchy, in fact it has only little scubbing effect like a badger brush has to the face.
Plus I use a Wilkinson Classic but without the provided blades, they were/are awful. As long as you don't drag your razor parallel to the cutting edge :eek: shaving other parts of your body is fine.

Ok, embarassingly enough I have to say I have been cursed with excess body hair. For the most part DE shaving works quite well, although I am more prone to getting ingrown hairs on my body than my face. The one area I have trouble with is getting to the area around my shoulder blades. I'm using a HD right now, Any ideas on any razors that might make this area easier?

Use a slant.

they're really useful for getting strange areas. Don't be scared of it.

So, anyone tried shaving their... nether regions...

Purchased a Philips/Norelco Body-Groom #2030 yesterday. Just finished using it not 30 minutes ago. Did a great job in trimming and shaving areas below the neck. Plus it did a good and safe job with my "nether regions".:blush: And I do mean all of my "nether regions".:lol:
I'm very happy with this product and the results.

David

That's the wimpy route, esp. for a man from the tough streets of Sommerville ;)

And it's slow...

Here are pics of the Gillette 7-Oh! I own.

Note it's the razor on the left. While the one on the right looks nearly identical, it's an infinitely worse, top-heavy Boots DE. Wretched thang.

Last edited:
There's no magic or anything to "body grooming" with a DE; it's a learned process as much as shaving your face is. I use a Fatboy on an extremely mild setting, multiple passes with respect to grain, make sure to stay lathered, use a steady hand and the correct blade angle (sound familiar?) It will take a shave or two to acclimate, but chances are, if you're thinking about using a DE to shave anything but your face:
1) You've shaved your face with a DE
2) You've shaved the area in question with something other than a DE;
so the steep learning curve associated with first using a DE is non-existent.

There's no magic or anything to "body grooming" with a DE; it's a learned process as much as shaving your face is. I use a Fatboy on an extremely mild setting, multiple passes with respect to grain, make sure to stay lathered, use a steady hand and the correct blade angle (sound familiar?) It will take a shave or two to acclimate, but chances are, if you're thinking about using a DE to shave anything but your face:
1) You've shaved your face with a DE
2) You've shaved the area in question with something other than a DE;
so the steep learning curve associated with first using a DE is non-existent.

Very good point.

I'd been shaving my bod. with carts. and throwaways for years before I switched to DE - natural extension of my DE face-shaving.

The best aspect of body shaving with a DE is that you can let your hair grow out in between shaves without the intervention of a trimmer. A Fusion can't crop a bush of hair down in a single swipe.

I've been told that DE's were used for many many years by nurses for surgery prep when the procedure required it.

Oh, yes! Definitely. My mom is a nurse and actually taught my dad and gave me tips on how to shave with DE's.

They use disposable DE's.

Top Bottom