What's new

Shaving, uh, other parts... of your body with a DE

So, I was just curious if anyone has tried shaving anything from the neck down?

I tried searching for this, and if it's been asked I'm sorry.

So, anyone tried shaving their chest, back, armpits, nether regions or legs/feet with a DE meant for your face.

(I know they make ladies' DEs)

It's been talked about but don't be sorry.

I wouldn't trust anything other than a trimmer or a specially made foil shaver for anything below the neck.

there were 3 or 4 threads on just this subject awhile back, but for some reason they got the axe...I just can't figure out why :rolleyes:

I regularly use a DE to shave areas besides the face. A better shave is a better shave no matter where on the body it is. It's much less irritating than the Mach3 I used to use. Great for cleaning up the back of the neck in between haircuts as well as other personal grooming.

i love this topic.

try using a straight razor, like gambling with A LOT of money, it is a very unique feeling.

First time I tried honing a (very) dull straight, I ended up shaving parts of my chest, stomach, and arms during the testing process. Seems that most/all body hair is significantly thinner than facial hair and therefore easier to shave, if anything. No matter - I was instructed not to do it again. :rolleyes:

I use my DE to shave my armpits--yes I shave my armpits, as well as my shoulders. I hate the hair on my shoulders. It's disgusting, more disgusting than my back and chest hair, simply because it's my shoulders.

When I shave my chest and stomach, I use my girlfriends electric foil shaver, because my chest too bony to handle a razor on tops of it.

Whenver I shave more um.... sensitive..... areas.... I use a cartridge.

Yeah, I've always used a M3 for my body grooming needs. I'm very bony, to the point where I can't even shave that little tuft that sticks out of shirts. Although I try my hardest. I think I'm going to try a DE on my armpits and nether regions. At least on the flat parts if you get my drift. I have pretty thick hair wherever it grows, and I'm thinking the DE will just do it better.

I would give the same advise that I give my friends when they travel to Mexico, " Be more careful when you travel south of the border".

I'm ABSOLUTELY serious when I say I shave my legs (swimming) wish a pumpkin carving knife from Crate & Barrel, if you take a bath, and then shave immediately afterwards, it's the fastest thing.

There's always dangers when you delve into these kinds of shaving topics. Whether it be a straight blade, DE, cartridge, or clippers, each has it's own grim list of ouchies and all of them make my knees buckle a bit just thinking about them.

As far as nether reagions go here is what I have done.

I have had much sucess with using a Tech with the Walmart american brand Personnas. Both of these products are gentle, and I never nicked myself once. I just skipped doing multiple passes and used Gillette Advanced moisture shave goop applied with hand. Part of it is becoming comfortable with the process and letting your skin adjust. lol sorry for the explicitness but it is unavoidable in a thread like this.

It could be worse, some of us have to read them.:mad:

Lol, I'm sorry, but in all honesty I'm quite scared to even try! I thought if anyone else had tried with any luck they might be able to shoot me some pointers, cuz I'll tell you what... shaving with an M3 anywhere just isn't nice.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
So let's see if I have this straight- you won't wash your feet, but you'll shave them?

I'm ABSOLUTELY serious when I say I shave my legs (swimming) wish a pumpkin carving knife from Crate & Barrel, if you take a bath, and then shave immediately afterwards, it's the fastest thing.

I was a swimmer for years. I always hated having to shave my legs because back then I didn't have a clue about hair growth and stuff. The first day we had to shave was fine. But then our coach made us shave again two days and sometimes one day later. Once again, I didn't know about hair growth back then so sometimes one day after I shaved against the grain, I shaved against the grain again. This caused unbelievable pain and bumps/burn on my legs. If I only I knew back then what I know now.
:blushing:

Top Bottom