What's new

Shaving towels?

Do you have special towels or face cloths or wash cloths that you use just for shaving? Early in my shaving journey I purchased a stack of 15 white face cloths and 10 white hand towels that I use just for my shaving. It is a small treat to take a fresh face cloth and towel from the linen closet every morning to use during my shave routine. Once a week I do a load of wash just for my shaving linens. An extravagance I know, but my pleasures are few and this is one I really appreciate. How about you?

I picked up some barber towels from Sally Beauty Supply, mostly to wipe straights with so I didn't nick the wife's good towels. I do prefer a nice fresh smelling towel for each mornings shave.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
I have the muhle ones. For some reason they are far better than towling towels and dry the face really well.

Would recommend if you can find then at a good price

I grabbed an old cloth diaper from my sons after they were old enough to stop spitting up all the time. Works great, is cheap, and I have a bunch of them.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I use the same towel I used to wipe clean water from my clean body

I used to use a towel to preheat my face, and found cheaper hand towels to be no use. I pretty much cold shave now, but if I were to go back to hot water shaving and using towels, I'd invest in a high quality, heavy, medium sized towel. I don't think I'd need to wet it all, just the middle part.

I tried to but the kids kept taking them. Got a Timeless one which is great but I keep that one away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proper shave protocol requires high quality, striped shave towels!
Use of inferior or even bath towels is at your own risk!

proxy.php

I grabbed an old cloth diaper from my sons after they were old enough to stop spitting up all the time. Works great, is cheap, and I have a bunch of them.
Word. Those are the bomb. They've been laundered a bazillion times so they're super soft. I kept a little stack of ours too. I do have a couple of barber towels from Italian Barber though. Just wanted that vibe.

I bought cheap white towels to use while I learned how to shave with a straight. I still have some of them, the ones that weren't too rust colored at the end . . . .

SWMBO has a bit of a towel fetish....they all need to match.
I use what's out, but if I choose a particularly bloodthirsty razor, I'm doing laundry,..

I picked up some barber towels from Sally Beauty Supply, mostly to wipe straights with so I didn't nick the wife's good towels. I do prefer a nice fresh smelling towel for each mornings shave.

Do you have special towels or face cloths or wash cloths that you use just for shaving? Early in my shaving journey I purchased a stack of 15 white face cloths and 10 white hand towels that I use just for my shaving. It is a small treat to take a fresh face cloth and towel from the linen closet every morning to use during my shave routine. Once a week I do a load of wash just for my shaving linens. An extravagance I know, but my pleasures are few and this is one I really appreciate. How about you?

Grab a pack of salon towels from Sally Beauty Supply!

Grab a pack of salon towels from Sally Beauty Supply!

I'm going to have to stop at the one in Union, NJ and see what they have. I know I poo poo'd the idea but as I've thought about it, having a towel just for shaving wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

And I love your Avatar Chuckaluck. We had a boxer about 8 years ago. Had her for 11 wonderful years. Still miss her to this day.

Top Bottom