What's new

Shaving Towel?

I use cheap herringbone shaving towels from the internet. I rinse my razor between passes. But I use the towel to stage the razor between lathers, and then to wipe the razor down after shaving.

06EF8D96-D984-44D8-A259-56596A8D5B6F.jpeg

Yes, I'm actually asking about your shaving towel.
We know that straight razors / shavettes aren't supposed to be washed off in the sink between passes. You wipe it off on a towel.
So what's yours? I use a few hand towels from Wally World that cost $1.25 each.

A classic horses for courses case.

Over the years I have used a sponge,
a drip bowl (see here: https://www.giftsandcare.com/2806-thickbox_default/navajero-pelero-con-pie-de-metal-.jpg) - a gadget that seems to be particularly popular in Spain and Portugal (my barber in Coimbra, Portugal uses one),
but right now I just rinse off during the shave with running water from the tap and after the shave I use a sponge, towel, and dry between the scales with a tissue.

Come to think of it, I might want to give that drip bowl a try again.

Bonn???
Greetings from someone who grew up in Brühl.... 😊

B.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Sheets of toilet paper in my case. Never washed it til after the shave and used daughter’s hair dryer to dry it off. Don’t tell her! 🥸🥸🥸

A classic horses for courses case.

Over the years I have used a sponge,
a drip bowl (see here: https://www.giftsandcare.com/2806-thickbox_default/navajero-pelero-con-pie-de-metal-.jpg) - a gadget that seems to be particularly popular in Spain and Portugal (my barber in Coimbra, Portugal uses one),
but right now I just rinse off during the shave with running water from the tap and after the shave I use a sponge, towel, and dry between the scales with a tissue.

Come to think of it, I might want to give that drip bowl a try again.

Bonn???
Greetings from someone who grew up in Brühl.... 😊

B.
Yessir. My father was born and raised on a Cherokee reservation, which we still visit.
My mother was born and raised in Bonn (a city in Germany) thus I'm half German and half Cherokee.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yessir. My father was born and raised on a Cherokee reservation, which we still visit.
My mother was born and raised in Bonn (a city in Germany) thus I'm half German and half Cherokee.
That means that you are easily twice as tough and twice as hardheaded as the average human my friend.

That means that you are easily twice as tough and twice as hardheaded as the average human my friend.
Aww shucks, that's kind of you to say.
I guess I get bonus points for being a combat veteran and former SWAT team member?
Oh, can't forget about shaving the head with a straight razor.

I'm about as tough as a bowl of overcooked oatmeal. Hah!

Last edited:
I rinse razor tilted downward under tap, but also use toilet paper

Towel is more used during shaving as hand holding razor always seems all ways get soap on it, towel used and necessary for me keeping my hands holding razor dry

I have 2 shaving towels from shave nation that were free as gifts when I ordered few things from shave nation,,,,

I also have a free towel that came with my timeless razor which i never use but definitely towels must have for me, count me in if we get towels

Top Bottom