What's new

Shaving...the art, obsession and passion in pictures

Here are a few pics I came across (not taken by me) which bring about the quintessential thoughts and memories of shaving and all its glory. hop you enjoy

Feel free to add more epic pictures that exemplify our great passion

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

THANKS FOR LOOKING! and feel free to add!
-mods feel free to transfer to the right section

Yah, it looks surreal. Still, I feel some sort of an urge for shaving creeping up as a result of looking at that one...

It shows that shaving don't need to be fancy and it is enjoyed under different conditions anywhere. I like the outdoor shavng pics.

I shaved about an hour ago, and just now saw the pics. Ah well.

I know the first one has been over-altered, but boy do I love it. It encompasses the culture more than any of the others. (to me)

I don't know exactly, but it's a form of computer graphic enhancement. It just means, to me, it's been computer altered...

Great pics. Thanks.

Shaving outside seems just so cool. :001_cool:
I would like to shave on a Tuscan hillside using Proraso or on the beach in the Caribbean.

Great pictures. I love the 'street shave' pictures. Reminds me that for all the fancy soaps, creams, balms and colognes that we all embrace, wet shaving is still a way of life, not a hobby or an indulgence for much of the world.

Chris

fabulous! Can't wait to shave in the morning. But my shave will be in hot water, in a steaming shower, with wonderfully soft water. :001_rolle

What is hdr?

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

UTFG ;)

roughly, it is way to make wider dynamic range of photo - more details in shadows and highlights. When it is used incorrectly, you can get strange looking photos. it is not always bad, but it becomes art (sort of), not photography.

Those were outstanding. Having lived in asia and Mexico, I saw a lot of that kind of thing and wish I had taken some pictures.

I love the first one!!

HDR is "High Dynamic Range". With a tripod to keep the camera in exactly the same position you take 3 (or more, whatever suits what you are after) pictures where the exposure changes between each one so that you have some underexposed (dark shadows), one exposed correctly and some overexposed (bright highlights). Then in a post processing software (Photomatix works best) you layer the images together. Done in its simplest form it should get the image to be as close as possible to how the human eye interprets colours but when played with you can get the effects in the first pic posted here - almost making it look like an oil painting. search HRD on google images or flickr to see some incredible examples ...

thanks for posting, these are some great pics.

Last edited:
I love the first one!!

HDR is "High Dynamic Range". With a tripod to keep the camera in exactly the same position you take 3 (or more, whatever suits what you are after) pictures where the exposure changes between each one so that you have some underexposed (dark shadows), one exposed correctly and some overexposed (bright highlights). Then in a post processing software (Photomatix works best) you layer the images together. Done in its simplest form it should get the image to be as close as possible to how the human eye interprets colours but when played with you can get the effects in the first pic posted here - almost making it look like an oil painting. search HRD on google images or flickr to see some incredible examples ...

thanks for posting, these are some great pics.

It brings out detail superbly, check out the grains in the wood etc. That has been really nicely done I think.

Some great pictures.

Top Bottom