What's new

Shaving Technique Assistance

Hope everything finds you well ladies and gents,
I bravely started My SE shaving journey today! I have been using DE razors for about 3 years give or take and i wanted to shave my beard off and since my shavette is delayed I figured I would use the micromatic open comb gem razor i was recommended by many of you on here which i am glad to have listened and obtained it. it melted my beard like a hot knife through butter, something last year my Gillette new type long comb wasnt as effortless in doing so. my dilemma is after going with the grain which i have no issues but i noticed passes across the grain and against the grain i have issues maintaining the angle as i dont know if its a inherit DE custom but i tend to dip the razor and because of my experience as a wet shaver, i quickly stop before any harm is done but i do feel the blade on my skin. this is especially true when navigating the contours of my face. i saw some videos and the say to ride the top cap but it doesnt always work is there any tips anyone can give to help improve my SE technique? i had to use a de razor to finish my last pass and a clean up but i will say it was a smooth shave for sure.

Hope everything finds you well ladies and gents,
I bravely started My SE shaving journey today! I have been using DE razors for about 3 years give or take and i wanted to shave my beard off and since my shavette is delayed I figured I would use the micromatic open comb gem razor i was recommended by many of you on here which i am glad to have listened and obtained it. it melted my beard like a hot knife through butter, something last year my Gillette new type long comb wasnt as effortless in doing so. my dilemma is after going with the grain which i have no issues but i noticed passes across the grain and against the grain i have issues maintaining the angle as i dont know if its a inherit DE custom but i tend to dip the razor and because of my experience as a wet shaver, i quickly stop before any harm is done but i do feel the blade on my skin. this is especially true when navigating the contours of my face. i saw some videos and the say to ride the top cap but it doesnt always work is there any tips anyone can give to help improve my SE technique? i had to use a de razor to finish my last pass and a clean up but i will say it was a smooth shave for sure.
Besides not using too much pressure for the micromatic open comb the optimal angle is about at the bevel on the front of the cap. Try to maintain that angle all the way through with only minor adjustments to maintain blade contact as you get a feel (pun intended) for the blade on flatter parts of the face.

Top Bottom