What's new

Shaving supplies in Italy!

I live in Boston and will be going to Italy for a couple of weeks and was wondering what shaving supplies I could buy while I'm there.

From reading the forums, it seems like some Palmolive and Speick should be on my list, and I was hoping to get some ideas for other things to buy.

Some background: I'm very new to DE, less than 1 month! I have a Omega 46065 Shaving Set with Brush, Holder, and Soap, an EJ De89lbl, Musgo Real Lime, a couple of TOBS samples and some blade samples.

I'm quite happy with my brush and razor and not planning to make any big purchases/upgrades anytime soon but I would like to buy a couple of shaving items as souvenirs that will brighten my day when I look at them and remember my trip!

Completely OT: suggestions on where to buy Italian soccer Tshirts or other soccer souvenirs for my 8 y/o son!

Thanks gents!

There are tons of great shaving supplies available in Italy, but the simple answer: ask Marco, B&B's man in Rome. :thumbup1: He's a great gentleman, and he'll set you straight.

If you are going to visit Firenze or Roma, try to visit Santa Maria Novella.

You should be able to find football memorabilia on almost every street corner.

If you are going to visit Firenze or Roma, try to visit Santa Maria Novella.

You should be able to find football memorabilia on almost every street corner.

Thanks David, that's helpful! Glad to know that football stuff is easily available. We'll be visiting Rome, Amalfi Coast and Tuscany

Santa Maria Novella is a must! I picked up their soft shave soap, or "croap" when I was last in Italy and it is the best purchase I have ever made. It will last you forever, and it super high quality. It may seem expensive, but it is certainly cheaper in Italy than it is buying in the US. Also PRORASO!!! I bought my first tube of Proraso green on my trip to Italy for some insanely cheap price at a regular convenience store. I only wish I had bought more!

If you're going to be in Venice or northern Italy I can point you to a couple places. In Florance Santa Maria is a must. It is near the train station. Look for a church of the same name. In Venice there is a place on the Rialto that a ton of brushes and a full line of GFT products. Almost any grocery store, at least in my area, will carry Prep, Pomolive, and Proraso. I also know of a place in Venice that sells the one kilo blocks of Cella for about 12euro. Thats about two years worth I would bet.
Hope this helps

Looks like Santa Maria is a must!

dreaded_rust, I am going to be in Rome, Amalfi Coast and Tuscany. one kg of shaving soap = :D

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, time ago I posted this thread here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...e-on-quot-where-to-buy-quot-in-Rome?highlight= that should help. As about soccer T-shirts, don't worry at all. Soccer is most loved sport by Italian people and you'll find tons of them in any sport shop. Also, a huge +1 on visiting the Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica Santa Maria Novella in Florence. Here is the web-site http://www.smnovella.com/?lang=en For any further help or hint, just ask. :001_smile

P.S. In after Ouch. :sad:

Thanks Marco, I read your thread, it's very helpful. Good to know that many shaving supplies and football Tshirts are easily available! I also looked at the SMN link and was very impressed to read "This year Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella will celebrate 400 years of uninterrupted business, in the name of tradition and innovation. Raw materials of the highest quality are still used and the apothecary fathers’ artisanal procedures are still followed, yet the company avails itself of modern technology and state of the art equipment"

They also have company stores in NYC, Miami, LA, Dallas and DC if anyone would like to check those out

Top Bottom