What's new

Shaving sticks?!

Wilkinson sticks are very good. They use a tallow-based soap with lanolin and glycerin added. Imagine a stick that is like a cross between Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat, but smells like marine bath soap from a hotel, with an electric blue color.
Note: the stick is a completely different soap from the Wilkinson blue tub. The tub is not very good.

The Wilkinson stick is a great performer. As you pointed out it has a unique formula. It is one of my favorite sticks for sure.
General_Speick.JPG

Wilkinson sticks are very good. They use a tallow-based soap with lanolin and glycerine added. Imagine a stick that is like a cross between Tabac and Mitchell's Wool Fat, but smells like marine bath soap from a hotel, with an electric blue color. Fortunately, the lather is white instead of blue, that would be strange. There is a lot of residual slickness when using this soap and it can be a bit difficult to rinse off with the lanolin. I imagine it would be good with a shavette.

Note: the stick is a completely different soap from the Wilkinson blue tub. The tub is not very good.
Thanks for the review I may give one a go.

Exactly, one of the best stick cases out there, that's what I was talking about @MrBeez -- even though it is plastic, it is fairly tough. You push the stick up, nothing to break like the ones with a screw.
I've been looking for a case to fit an Arko stick for ages, but it's a strange size to find one that will fit

@Atlantic59 @Yukonmark @shave/brush @karacha All good points on the container. I saw the refill on sale at Amazon and just ordered it. For a few more bucks could have gotten the container too. But all good. I'll probably end up getting it eventually. Right now just gonna get into the swing of Tabac and see if I get used to the scent. Only had one shave so far. Love the lather and the wide stick.

The Wilkinson stick is a great performer. As you pointed out it has a unique formula. It is one of my favorite sticks for sure.
I agree. It impressed me so much. I just had four DG grooming soaps delivered, and they are truly magnificent, but truth being told, I only find them slightly better than this stick. I have to restrict myself from not using it most of the days. This is because they will last for years and years unlike some of the artisans that often loose some of their qualities or go rancid after a year or two.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Arko is pretty soft so reshaping the stick into a smaller diameter or container should be easy.

usually I stick the old shave stick on top of a new shave stick. It works well

Top Bottom