What's new

Shaving Soundtrack...

The entire Dave Brubeck Quartet's Time Out album is perfect for shaving.

Ever seen the movie Rushmore? That's Take Ten by Paul Desmond featuring Jim Hall playing in the background, the barbershop scene.
If were going to listen to music whilst shaving, it would definitely be some jazz! I'm not a huge jazz aficionado, but I like Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and I'm going to be listening to some Paul Desmond now, too. I really like the '50s/early '60s style jazz, with that smooth be-bop type bounce to it.

I've heard my oldest daughter talk about Rushmore, but I've never seen it. I'll look for it sometime.

Sheena Easton, Morning Train

My baby takes the morning train
He works from nine to five and then
He takes another home again
To find me waiting for him...

Bob Ross. The zen voice and positive vibes make any shave a relaxing one. Plus the similarities between his painting instructions and proper technique for shaving are scary. Bob ross has been my cure for insomnia for ten years and since i shave right before bed so it’s a winning combo. I highly recommend giving it a try unless you’re a morning shaver.

The entire Dave Brubeck Quartet's Time Out album is perfect for shaving.

Ever seen the movie Rushmore? That's Take Ten by Paul Desmond featuring Jim Hall playing in the background, the barbershop scene.

If were going to listen to music whilst shaving, it would definitely be some jazz! I'm not a huge jazz aficionado, but I like Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and I'm going to be listening to some Paul Desmond now, too. I really like the '50s/early '60s style jazz, with that smooth be-bop type bounce to it.

I've heard my oldest daughter talk about Rushmore, but I've never seen it. I'll look for it sometime.

Well spoken sirs! - So many great suggestions. Time Out/Take Ten are superb.

Or how about the very best jazz tune of all: Bill Evans: Peace Piece. My absolute favorite jazz piece of all - so serene, quiet, moody - just darn perfect to accompagny the yoga/zen-like experience of DE shaving :001_tt1:

When no one is sleeping in the next room, I listen to the “Around the NFL” podcast. Highly recommended for anyone into American football.

When no one is sleeping in the next room, I listen to the “Around the NFL” podcast. Highly recommended for anyone into American football.

I'm a fan of the podcast, but tend to listen to it at work. I'm lucky (or unlucky depending on your point of view) that where I work we can have headphones in.

Pretty anti-social working enviornment, and often I am the only one without any in.

The other day it was some Native American music, it popped up on my YouTube channel so I thought why fight it. I didn’t mind it, was relaxing and made for a nice morning

Usually silence for me. As some others have said, I like hearing the blade to know I'm on the right track. In my case tho, it's mostly because I'm still somewhat inexperienced, so the feedback helps let me know I'm on the right track.

Sometimes I do like to put something on, in which case it's usually something light like classical or jazz, and it will be far in the background, so that I can still hear the blade. Or I'll just put on podcasts (usually news - NPR, BBC, etc). I had the B&B podcast a few times while shaving. :)

I like the idea that some have posted about old school music to get the barbershop type atmosphere. I'll be giving that a shot for sure.

Maybe I'll even hire a barbershop quartet! ... then again, that'll wake up SWMBO, leading to a quadruple homicide and me not getting my deposit back, so maybe not such a great idea...

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
suffolkpunch:
Usually, I listen to the the morning local & HL news, but this afternoon I had a great shave while listening to
'Five for Fighting'.
Listen to Music.jpg

Shaving Icon.jpg
“What is elegance? [Shaving soap, brush, razor] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton

Last edited:
Top Bottom