What's new

Shaving Soundtrack...

Tom Waits, Jazz, Blues all sound great. For me it is Classical Music. Mostly relaxing piano and Violin. I’m becoming a fan of new age Classical so I also listen to Brian Crain and Helen Jane Long, and Yiruma.

I listen to my pandora radio station, I bounce between the three following stations

Glenn Miller
Classical traditional radio
Charles Trenet

Works for me I guess.

The sound of quiet. I live with profound hearing loss. My ears add a distortion to music that is distracting so I enjoy the near silence. Incidentally, I majored in music (voice and choral).

I made the mistake of watching a Chris Rock special on my iPad while shaving once. I nearly cut my face off!

Blues (old school & modern)
Jazz (Oscar Peterson, red Garland, Keith Jarrett)
And some other artists such as Tony Bennett, Eva Cassidy, Diana Krall, Bill Charlap, John Mayer, Dave Matthews, just to name a few. My music selection depends on my mood. I almost always have music playing in my home, including during my shave.

pink-floyd-pulse_a-G-13378088-0.jpg

Last night's soundtrack
Tray (5).jpg

Last night's combo
Timeless .68 SB (third from right)
Ikon Tuckaway handle (far right)
Gillette Rubie (not shown)

Last few days have been In The Name of the Blues - A pre-made playlist on Spotify.

Really enjoyable playlist for anyone who is into the blues.

As much as I love music, my evening shave is done in silence. The sound of the blade cutting down my stubble is music to my ears !

The entire Dave Brubeck Quartet's Time Out album is perfect for shaving.

Ever seen the movie Rushmore? That's Take Ten by Paul Desmond featuring Jim Hall playing in the background, the barbershop scene.

Sometimes I have a Lounge Jazz Livestream on YouTube on, no vocals. But 95% of the time if not more, I shave silent. I enjoy the sound of the whiskers getting sliced off.

Jazz in general. Preferably Kind of Blue. I am a morning shaver and Danish public radio has a great jazz channel which is on every morning :thumbup1:

Top Bottom