What's new

Shaving Soaps with Shea Butter

Please list the shaving soaps with shea butter. I'm a big fan of Provence Sante. What else is out there that's good? I did a search but I wasn't getting any concrete lists.

Last edited:
Institut Karité and Pré de Provence come to mind---although the latter mentions that it is enriched, there is no shea butter in the ingredient list.

I swear by this soap: Van Der Hagen Deluxe (Pink) that contains Shea Butter. It is a Marvelous product, giving a prestigious shave without a prestigious price.

http://www.vdhent.com/

Available at fine CVS drug stores and Walmarts everywhere.

I've used the sample shaving soap several times now that I received with a fragrance sample order from Saint Charles Shave (SCS), which was I believe the Almond scent. I really enjoy the scent, and this also has shea butter in it, and this is the first soap I've used that my face actually felt moisturized after shaving. The lather was awesome, a very close, comfortable shave. But the moisturizing effect was a total surprise. Very nice!

In addition to ordering some Very V EdT, I will also be ordering some of the shaving soaps.

:cool:

L'Occitane Cade has shea butter ... I just got some recently and have used it maybe a half-dozen times. It gives an amazing shave.

Also, you might want to look at the supermarket for Kiss My Face ... they have a cream with Lavender and Shea. I haven't tried it yet, but it is high on my list of stuff to get. Only around $6 for an 11oz pump bottle.

HoneyBee_spa shave soaps are Shea soaps. Outstanding, recommended.

Click!!

-- John Gehman

HBS were the first soaps I used when I started wetshaving. I was a big fan but I've had bad reactions to them. I'll try the EO soaps.

L'Occitane Cade has shea butter ... I just got some recently and have used it maybe a half-dozen times. It gives an amazing shave.

I've seen some very good reviews of it. It's on my list.

I swear by this soap: Van Der Hagen Deluxe (Pink) that contains Shea Butter. It is a Marvelous product, giving a prestigious shave without a prestigious price.

http://www.vdhent.com/

Available at fine CVS drug stores and Walmarts everywhere.

Ok, I tried this today and I gotta say I'm impressed! This is as good a shave as I've gotten. And it's so cheap! It doesn't have the strong scent that some of the other do, but that's Ok. My lather dried out a bit on the second pass, but I think I've found my every day soap!

+1

This is a fantastic soap! My brother bought a puck for me about 3 months ago, I absolutely love the shave, the scent and the skin care...covers all aspects of a great shaving soap!!

I've used both L'Occitane and an SCS soap. SCS is much cheaper and frankly produced a more stable lather for me. The key with it, I found was to use a little less water than with many other soaps. After some practice I could get the lather as thick as whipped cream. I plan to get some more in the future after I use up the rest of my L'Occitane.

L'Occitane Cade has shea butter ...

does L'Occitane have Shea in the ingredient list?

Telly, i really like Pre de Provence and Institut Karite, however for a straight user i think the PdP could use a little more slickness and glide.

does L'Occitane have Shea in the ingredient list?

I just checked the ingredients at www.usa.loccitane.com ... Shea Butter is listed as an ingredient in the Cade cream, but it is not mentioned in the Cade soap.

I have only tested the soap, and it is fabulous, whether it has Shea or not. However, if you were to whip up a Superlather of Cade soap and cream ... well, just imagine the possibilities.

Top Bottom