What's new

Shaving Soaps no longer made

I just got a kilo of Cella for it lasts a long time. I have some old Palmolive shaving sticks when I get tired of Arka. There used to be a European/Italian soap that sold for BIG $$$$ and was sold by the kilo. I can't remember the name. Can you help?

I have to say, I bought Cella in the little container many years back and loved its performance and fragrance. But it turned rancid after a year or two. I don't understand the kilo blocks of it unless the formulation has changed so the soap doesn't ultimately turn bad. Never had that happen before or since. Regardless, unless you're splitting the kilo with buddies (like we did with weed back in the day), one would never outlive a kilo of Cella!

I think you're referring to P.160 Tipo Morbido shaving cream which was last sold by Italian Barber, if I'm not mistaken. It sold for $2500 per kilo.
Screenshot_20221116-125948_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20221116-125234_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
P.160 is a great Italian sweet almond shave soap!
Can't say if it's hugely better than Cella brick, 3P brick, Boellis, other Italian tallowy sweet-cherry-almond soaps.
But, it's a great shave, if you can find some!

p160 kent filarmonica myrsol k april 6 2021.jpg

I think you're referring to P.160 Tipo Morbido shaving cream which was last sold by Italian Barber, if I'm not mistaken. It sold for $2500 per kilo.
Yes. P160 was the soap. I actually saw some adds on Ebay for some sellers that were offering P160 100 grams. I did not buy for I could not confirm the provenance.

I have to say, I bought Cella in the little container many years back and loved its performance and fragrance. But it turned rancid after a year or two. I don't understand the kilo blocks of it unless the formulation has changed so the soap doesn't ultimately turn bad. Never had that happen before or since. Regardless, unless you're splitting the kilo with buddies (like we did with weed back in the day), one would never outlive a kilo of Cella!
From other threads in the forum, I believe the trick is to freeze the unused portion of Cella.

Top Bottom