What's new

Shaving Soap wishlist

Eben Stone

Staff member
All the Southern Witchcrafts scents that I don't already have (I only have 6).

WSP Rustic Black Orchid, Black Cherry Vanille, Mahogany, Matterhorn, and Tobacco.

And I want an overpowering punch in the face bubblegum/candy scented soap. Like sticking your face in a bag of Halloween candy.

Have heard great things about this one and want to try. Any opinions?
IMG_8551.jpg

I've always wanted to try Valobra.

Second to Valobra I wouldn't mind trying Speick stick, Tallow and Steel and/or an Ethos soap.
I've since acquired 3 of these 4. Therefore, my updated wishlist is now...

Palmolive stick
Vitos extra super coco
Ethos
Cella brick
Grooming Dept
Shannon's Rust Belt Reserve
Musgo Real
SMN
Haslinger v2 vegan
Dr. Harris soap

Grooming Dept Ikaros base (not sure on the scent)
Southern Witchcrafts Carmilla
Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud (and maybe a tub of Bay Patchouli Grapefruit as I am running out)
Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents
A&E Choco Cubano Kaizen base

I think that's about it. I am sure I will come up with more in a few minutes time

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'd like to get a Barrister and Mann soap in their new Omnibus base, but right now, the scents they're offering it in are not appealing to me.

All the Southern Witchcrafts scents that I don't already have (I only have 6).

WSP Rustic Black Orchid, Black Cherry Vanille, Mahogany, Matterhorn, and Tobacco.

And I want an overpowering punch in the face bubblegum/candy scented soap. Like sticking your face in a bag of Halloween candy.
Have you tried PAA Clownfruit? To my nose, it smelled EXACTLY like my Trick or Treat bag from my childhood! A mix of all that candy goodness, it really was nostalgic. I still need to buy another set of that scent, but haven't seen it out yet this year.

I need to cut down on my buying until I go through some of my stash... But I'm almost out of Declaration cur et epices, and that's one I can't be out of! Also, once Christmas starts I'm going to have to pick up more Stirling Christmas Eve, my favorite Christmas scent yet. I will probably also pick up a Christmas soap and after shave from PAA.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Have you tried PAA Clownfruit? To my nose, it smelled EXACTLY like my Trick or Treat bag from my childhood! A mix of all that candy goodness, it really was nostalgic. I still need to buy another set of that scent, but haven't seen it out yet this year.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

I'd like to get a Barrister and Mann soap in their new Omnibus base, but right now, the scents they're offering it in are not appealing to me.
I absolutely love LGC... One of my favorites! Angelique (and Gothique) is just around the corner... I'd consider Angelique a fairly safe scent.

You can get Seville in omnimbus. That one seems to be his "crowd pleaser" scent. I think if you don't like Seville then many/most B&M offerings might not be your cup of tea.

My wish list-

Always wanted to try the Palmolive stick
Southern Witchcrafts Grave fruit 2
B&M Fougere Angelique
B&M Vespers

Right now my wishlist is:

Floris Gentleman soap
Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Cella Bio
DR Harris soaps
Antica Barberia Colla
Saponificio Varesino
La Toja
PannaCrema Nuavia
Cyril Salter
Van Der Lovett

A&E Kaizan or k2 would be on my wish list but I really don’t need any soaps as a decade or roughly that amount is enough 😂…if they are still around when I’ve finished maybe I’ll branch out to soap commander a&e SV etc

I keep a listing on my computer, so I have my ducks in a row for Black Friday:

Barrister & Mann Le Grande Cyphre Aftershave (splash)
Martin de Candre Vétyver Soap
Bullgoose/Asylum Colonia Soap/Aftershave
Stone Cottage Soapworks Bayberry Cream
Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Soap/Aftershave
RazoRock The Dead Sea Soap/Aftershave

I really only *need* the B&M AS splash, to go with the soap I already have.
It seems B&M weren't making splashes while alcohol was in needed supply for COVID-19 sanitizers?
Hopefully, they ramp-up production in time for Winter...

The rest are products that interest me, for a "someday purchase".
UPDATE ALERT

this thread came up in a search I was doing for something unrelated.

I thought a follow-up would be interesting to put up here:

Le Grande Cyphre - tried it, and promptly sold it, and the soap. Too sweet and somewhat cloying for me.

Martin de Candre Vétyver - bought it, and love it. might use it tomorrow, now that Ive thought of it.

Bullgoose/Asylum Colonia - Discontinued! Never got to try it.

Stone Cottage Soapworks Bayberry Cream - bought it, and like it. its my winter holiday time go-to.

Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie - boought it, and like it. Its a very complex and somewhat strong scent. I have to be in the mood for this one.

RazoRock The Dead Sea - bought it, and just sold it. I really liked the scent, but the soap just wouldnt lather properly for me, with my water. SM del Fiore was equally difficult to lather.

PAA Formula CK6 soaps are what I would really like to have in my den. I had a tiny sample some time ago and loved the way it performed. These are impossible to get here in Malaysia and PAA doesn't ship to Malaysia unfortunately. I can get pretty much everything else now and I have a lot of soaps. Current favorites are those by Stirling. These are hard to beat. But having a couple of CK6 ones would be really great. Due to the fantastic reviews that these PAA soaps receive, I feel like I am missing out a little.

Top Bottom