What's new

Shaving soap to bath soap

Have you ever used shaving soap as a bath soap?

• Yes

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • PIF it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'm trying to knock my shaving soaps into shape this year and I was wondering how many of you would take a shaving soap you are unhappy with and turn it into a bath soap to get rid of it.
Would you rather PIF it? What would stop you PIFing a soap?

I have used a shave soap for the shower before, if I didn't really like shaving with it that much.

PIF'ing is fine, but be aware that there is a segment of the population out there that is completely grossed out by the idea of using a soap that somebody else has used.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Yes, right now I have two ‘shaving soaps’ in the shower, ’middle’ formula Floris Elite and current formula Czech and Speake 88.

I used them in the shower.

But then realized it worked great as a pre shave soap even better. Was getting great shaves when I did this. Wish I would have realized this sooner as 2\3rds was gone before I did.

So for now on. That's what I'll be doing with anymore of my shave soaps that don't work out.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I used them in the shower.

But then realized it worked great as a pre shave soap even better. Was getting great shaves when I did this. Wish I would have realized this sooner as 2\3rds was gone before I did.

So for now on. That's what I'll be doing with anymore of my shave soaps that don't work out.
Didn't Think of that

Yes, and with a twist.

I enjoy changing things up. I have been known to shave before, during and after the shower. I will say that most of the time it’s before. The twist that I think apples to this thread is this. If I shave before a shower, and I bowl lather. I normally take the leftover lather from my brush and bowl to the shower. There lives an unscented bar of soap. This allows me to load my loofah with scent free soap. Then I add my leftover shave lather for scent. It’s a great way to get the full use out of those fantastically scented shave soaps.

I’ve tried some local soap makers shaving soaps that did not work well and I just pitched them. They got real mushy with water so I wouldn’t want them in the shower.
But I would’ve used it if it would’ve held up better.

Top Bottom