What's new

Shaving Soap Stick Tube - Best for Re-use?

Shaving soap stick tubes ...! Some years ago, I was obsessing for a while on exactly this topic. I ended up splurging, and got myself the best a man can get on this account (I believed then, and still believe) ....
The name is Pils ... matted stainless steel tube, see

I have others, but this is the one I still use most. Pils ain't cheap, but you won't regret getting one.
"Cry once" .... as the saying goes ...
It will fit soap sticks like the Palmolive green stick, Wilkinson blue stick, La Toja, Speick, Lea.
It will just not fit a new stick of Arko, BUT, since I particularly like Arko, I either shave off a little bit of a new Arko stick to make it fit (with a potato peeler), OR, I use the new stick of Arko at home for a while, applying the stick to my face, and/or the brush, along the whole side of the stick, rather than just on the tip/end point of the stick. That way the stick quickly get slightly thinner, and will soon fit nicely into my Pils soap quiver.
This is also a much more efficient way to use a stick anyway (broad side rather than end point). So in this way, it is easy to make a stick of Arko fit before going travelling.
Obviously it is harder with a stick of Tabac, but I find Tabac sticks tedious when travelling anyway, just too big and clunky.
And when not travelling, I don't use a stick tube at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom