What's new

Shaving soap sample SAD

I have discovered that it is also possible to get too much shaving soap samples. Of course, I bought the samples with the intention of finding a soap with a good scent and good performance and later buy a full container. Then I wait until I use some existing soap up. Then I pursue the shaving soaps online and find more samples and think what it can hurt it is not that much more. Now with a new order coming this week I realize I will have over 4 ounces of shave soap sample. I knew of the soap acquisition disorder, but I did not think about it applying to samples. I think I am good though because I have developed a razor acquisition disorder to replace it with.

Hmm...I started buying samples 2 and a half yrs ago and probably have over a hundred now. Some I did get full tubs of, but more times than not, if I liked the sample soap, I'd get more samples of the same and combined them in tins (along with buying matching A/S). Not as cost effective as buying full tubs, but allowed me to have a bunch more scents. Also some of the samples I combined with other brands of the same scent, like lavender, sandalwood, and leather. Seem to work out. So yeah, sample buying can be a hoarding OCD thing as well as anything else.

Top Bottom