What's new

Shaving Soap Ingredient Can Get You Flagged at Airport Security

Not just soap: lotions, balms, aftershaves, much more.

Just another way the beloved TSA is performing security theater, not actual security.

Eh, couldn't care less. I have had to do extra screening while I had a knee brace and they were respectful and efficient about it over here.
Never really had trouble at airports.

We were traveling home from South America and the local customs held us up over tubs of soap we bought there. Found out later that drug runners were hiding drugs in soap!

I will be going on a trip soon, heading across the puddle, I will only be packing a carry-on. Should I not take my soap with me? would it be better or worse to take a travel tube of cream?

I had a more pleasant experience at Heathrow last May during flight check in and security screening. At check-in, I told the male representative I had a double edged razor in my checked bag, along with blades. He replied, "As long as they are checked, you won't have a problem, Sir." Passing through security the lady agent told my wife, "Dearie, your husband's shaving cream and after shave sure smell nice!" I shaved with my Proraso Green, followed by Tea Tree after shave, early that morning.

Bwahaha, last year there was a guy that had a pipe bomb in his bag that he forgot about. He was having some fun with friends and never got around to using that one I guess.

TSA found it and were confused about it. They swabbed it and it PASSED the test. But they said he didn't want it back so they threw it out in a forfeit bin. He proceeded to go on his flight. Another TSA agent later found it and raised the alarm and the guy was arrested when he came back through.

IMO those machines aren't worth a damn.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-airport-screener-opened-pipe-bomb-1.2508824

Top Bottom