What's new

Shaving Soap in Tubs - How to close?

Hello Fellow B&B members,

I am a new member and a new DE Wet Shaver. I am loving everything about the experience and have really enjoyed learning process. I am especially enjoying the process of trying new shaving soaps in plastic tubs, it makes it so easy to lather right in the tub.

I have searched, but not found the answer to the following question.

After finishing my shave, what do I do with the tub? Do I immediately put the lid on and shove it under the sink with my quickly growing stash of soaps? Do I let it air dry, and if so, for low long? Do I turn the tub upside down on a towel and let it drip dry?

Thank you in advance and thank you for the welcome!
Don

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I leave the lid off for 24 hours. When I go to shave the next day, I put the lid on and put it away. Works for me, I have had no problems to date doing this.

Do I immediately put the lid on and shove it under the sink with my quickly growing stash of soaps?

For the few "tub" soaps I have (Soap Commander, Strop Shoppe, Art of Shaving, Tabula Rasa, Tabac) that's what I do and I've not had an issue. Most of my soaps are pucks, and they go uncovered, in mugs.

I cover mine as soon as I'm done. I even leave left-over lather in them. All of my soaps in tubs sit a week in between uses in my rotation and I haven't had any issues. They seem to lather faster and better on the next shave this way too. My other soaps are just in mugs and sit open under the sink all the time without issue either.

For me, it depends on the soap and when I plan to use it again. Certain hard soaps I cover immediately particularly if I plan on using it the next day. It makes it easier to load the soap when they are softer. Soft soaps I leave uncovered for a few hours so that they can harden a bit.

the only way I can awnser this is if im using the same tub the next day or so I just give it a quick rinse and put the top back on as it makes the lathering easier the next day , but if im standing it down for a week or so I will give it a rinse and let it dry before putting the top back on the tub .

I hope this is of some help.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
After finishing my shave, what do I do with the tub? Do I immediately put the lid on and shove it under the sink with my quickly growing stash of soaps? Do I let it air dry, and if so, for low long? Do I turn the tub upside down on a towel and let it drip dry?

I rinse the outside of the tub off, screw the lid on and that soap goes on the bottom of my stack of tubs until it's next use.

Thank you all. It sounds like soap is pretty tough and will probably be fine regardless of what I do with it. I was concerned that the tallow could go rancid If I did not dry it before putting it away.

Don

I doubt the tub I have from WCS has tallow in it, but I've been using it and putting the lid right back on with no problem for several months.

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too :)

Have both tallow and vegan soaps, some for about a year. They get rotated depending on seasons; doesn’t matter what season it is or what kind of soap, lid goes back on immediately after shaving and it goes to the bottom of the stack.

No issues.

Top Bottom