What's new

Shaving soap China

No offense, but there's a reason that people don't generally buy certain goods like food, and cosmetics, off of Aliexpress. They can be perfectly goods products, but the regulatory environment is generally considered to be lacking, leading to a lack of trust.

No offense, but there's a reason that people don't generally buy certain goods like food, and cosmetics, off of Aliexpress. They can be perfectly goods products, but the regulatory environment is generally considered to be lacking, leading to a lack of trust.
One could luck out with an advanced high convenience shaving soap that melts the whiskers, and possibly more, right off of your face without the need for a razor. Who knows it could possibly double as a drain clog remover!🤣

The yaqi soaps are made in South Africa by master soap creations. Tried several samples and my favorite is the green although all of them are ok scents.
Where did you get that information? I'm not doubting you. I just don't find mention of that. Yaqi (DS Cosmetics, Boti, etc.) makes top quality stuff. I would not be surprised that they had their shaving soaps made by an artisan maker elsewhere.

Edit: Here is what Westcoastshaving.com has to say:

Master Soap Creations grew out of a shaving supply company in South Africa. Initially Yaqi South Africa was just distributing Yaqi brushes and supplies, but they have grown over time to source all sorts of shaving products. And now Fernando Saraiva is crafting shaving soaps and aftershave splashes that are receiving international acclaim. Tallow shaving soaps and alcohol after shave splashes are infused with a “lekker” (nice) kick of menthol.

Just curious. Why would you even consider buying anything Chinese that you would put on your skin based all the unethical things they are famous for doing? There are so many other options that are affordable. I'm not being xenophobic, but I'd use any Chinese shaving soap. Do yourself a favor and research some of the things the Chinese have done with cosmetics, food, and other products like lead paint in baby's toys. It's entirely up to you, but beware for your own good.

Hi all - i came across this thread, looking up master soap creations for my own enlightenment. This is the first thread I have read referencing it but I will do some more reading.
It is indeed a soap made by a south african, Fernando, as Doc Dan has posted above. I recently returned to south africa and just purchased some last week - awesome to have an option that is locally produced, locally available and locally priced.
It is an excellent soap for me - i enjoyed it immensely.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Even the Chinese are publishing articles warning on their forums " Do not buy domestic brands of shaving cream and aftershave ".
It is also mentioned that the sellers will assign people to pretend to be buyers to increase the evaluation and create the illusion of a hot sale. So you can hardly judge the true quality from the feedback.
------I'm not trying to discredit a country, it's their own people who say so.

We already have enough affordable and high-quality shaving products to choose from.
I don't think it's necessary to take a risk on Chinese soap until China improves its sales mechanism and integrity.

I tried the Chinese Soap, DE blades, and razor i bought at Dollar Tree all for a dollar each. shave soap irritated my face, blades were not very sharp the razor was light and mild even with an astra sp in it

I was in Dollar Tree today. I never go in there. The shaving soap was nowhere to be seen. There were three hanging strips with a total between them of five Assured DE Razor. I picked one up and proceeded to browse. Ended up with an armload of items. The more I thought about it the less I really wanted to buy it and put it back. What I didn’t see that I might have bought was Old Spice bar soap. Who knows where that one is made. I have not seen Sport scent in some time of anything but the soap.

I tried the Chinese Soap, DE blades, and razor i bought at Dollar Tree all for a dollar each. shave soap irritated my face, blades were not very sharp the razor was light and mild even with an astra sp in it
I found that soap to be irritating to the skin as well. Had to be a reason why a shave soap would cost only $1.25 in this economy.

I was in Dollar Tree today. I never go in there. The shaving soap was nowhere to be seen. There were three hanging strips with a total between them of five Assured DE Razor. I picked one up and proceeded to browse. Ended up with an armload of items. The more I thought about it the less I really wanted to buy it and put it back. What I didn’t see that I might have bought was Old Spice bar soap. Who knows where that one is made. I have not seen Sport scent in some time of anything but the soap.
OS bar soap might be made in India. They have a plant there.

Top Bottom