What's new

Shaving Soap as bath/face soap?

I was wondering if you could use pucks of shaving soap as bath soap as well or even a face soap?

I've been using Olay Moisterizing bars in the shower for over 10 years now and everytime I try anything else, I hate it. I don't use lotion and with the Olay i don't need to...it keeps my skin baby soft without ever needing to moisturize.

For face soap i've been using Purpose gentle cleaning bars because its oil free and cleans my face without over drying it.

Any idea how the shaving soaps (like mama bears) would do on the body and on the face?

You use it on your face all the time! It should be fine. I know of a lot of people that use shaving soap they don't like for shaving on the body.

letterk said:
You use it on your face all the time! It should be fine. I know of a lot of people that use shaving soap they don't like for shaving on the body.
Yep! Use it on your kids, also!

I've been using the honeybee shea butter shave soap as body,face,shampoo. You can even shave with it if you want. The shea butter is very moisturizing and my hair looks better than ever. You wouldn't think of using soap as shampoo but all I can say is "try it".

Since I tried the Honyebee Shea Butter shaving soap and literally feel in love with it, I have been using my other soaps as bath soaps in an effort to use them up so as to justify another order of the Honeybee soap to try other scents.

I guess I'll just wait for my Mama Bear soaps to arrive and try them out for myself. Thanks for your guys inputs though on the honeybee shea butter shave and I'm going to have to check that out.

Did you buy it from the ebay seller Honeybee?

JohnnyWolf said:
I was wondering if you could use pucks of shaving soap as bath soap as well or even a face soap?

I've been using Olay Moisterizing bars in the shower for over 10 years now and everytime I try anything else, I hate it. I don't use lotion and with the Olay i don't need to...it keeps my skin baby soft without ever needing to moisturize.

For face soap i've been using Purpose gentle cleaning bars because its oil free and cleans my face without over drying it.

Any idea how the shaving soaps (like mama bears) would do on the body and on the face?

I usually wash my face with Nivea Sensitive wash or Baxter, but I've switched to Olay bars for extra dry skin with Shea Butter (I was tired of using face washes, but they are good) ;
The Olay Shea Butter is very good for my face

not only do I use bayrum shave soap in the shower, but I also use a fine badger shave brush to work up a good lather while washing in the shower.

ok no, I don't actually do that

JohnnyWolf said:
I guess I'll just wait for my Mama Bear soaps to arrive and try them out for myself. Thanks for your guys inputs though on the honeybee shea butter shave and I'm going to have to check that out.

Did you buy it from the ebay seller Honeybee?

You can get it from this link: http.stores.ebay.com/Honeybee-Spa-Soaps

Fantastic shaving soaps....

Bud

greenerock said:
I've been using the honeybee shea butter shave soap as body,face,shampoo. You can even shave with it if you want. The shea butter is very moisturizing and my hair looks better than ever. You wouldn't think of using soap as shampoo but all I can say is "try it".

Doug,

Since I was so pleased with the Honeybee shaving soaps, I ordered some of the Honeybee Bath soaps. since the best selection of fragrances for men were available in the goats milk bath soap, I got these. You should give them a try. What a pleasant suprise. I was just as pleased with the bath soap as I was with the Honeybee shaving soap. They are really that good. Of course, this could be dangerous, as I believe the Honeybee soaps can become addictive. I don't know what Sue does to create such great soaps, but she certainely does it right.

Bud

gundog said:
Doug,

Since I was so pleased with the Honeybee shaving soaps, I ordered some of the Honeybee Bath soaps. since the best selection of fragrances for men were available in the goats milk bath soap, I got these. You should give them a try. What a pleasant suprise. I was just as pleased with the bath soap as I was with the Honeybee shaving soap. They are really that good. Of course, this could be dangerous, as I believe the Honeybee soaps can become addictive. I don't know what Sue does to create such great soaps, but she certainely does it right.

Bud

Hi Bud,
I will have to try some of the bath soaps. You're right about them becoming addictive. I just got done with a great shave using the HB soap. :001_tt1:

crackstar said:
I always end up using Williams soap as shower soap when I buy it. To me, that's all it's good for.

Jeff

Coincidentally, I just tried that today with a puck of Williams I wasn't using -- it actually makes for a very good bath soap!

I tried the Mamma Bear Spanish Leather as a bath soap since I did not really care for this soap and was that ever a mistake. The glycerin soap does not make for a good shower soap and there was way to much scent in my opinion. I
stunk up the whole house and my dog who is normally at my feet ran out of the bathroom and would not come near me. I had to shower again with another soap in an effort to get that scent off of me. My recommendation would be to stick with a good bath soap.

Give the Honeybee bath soaps a try. I ordered the goats milk bath soap from Honeybee-Spa and the scent and qaulity are both fantastic. These are also a great bargain and perfect for showering with the same fragrance used for shaving after your shower. For me though this is not an issue since I shower at night and shave in the morning. The goats milk bath soap is very moisturizing. I have yet to try the shea butter bath soap but will with my next order.

Bud

Top Bottom