What's new

Shaving Soap Acquisitions

You guys are killing me. I told myself NO MORE SOAPS, SERIOUSLY, NO MORE SOAPS until I start finishing my current stock. Oh well, I have B&M Leviathan, L&L Grooming Darkfall, and Dr. Jons Flowers in the Dark en route to my place.

You guys are killing me. I told myself NO MORE SOAPS, SERIOUSLY, NO MORE SOAPS until I start finishing my current stock. Oh well, I have B&M Leviathan, L&L Grooming Darkfall, and Dr. Jons Flowers in the Dark en route to my place.

Great... thanks... never heard of them... now I'm....interested...

:lol1:

That's probably smart, sounds like you needed to prepare for fall/winter

Dang! Not too long ago, I mentioned that I might go all minimal with the soaps, once I finish the ones I have, and just use one scentless, or neutral soap, and have a bunch of different aftershaves. Now, this thread keeps popping up in my alerts. I may have to unwatch it!!

I told myself no more soaps... then Russell goes and does this at Wild West Shaving Co

Had to order 1 for me and some for Christmas gifts.

See my earlier post on St Charles Shave's Rose Damascena Shave Soap.
A wallet hitter because it's made with 100% pure Bulgarian Rose Absolute. A 3.7oz tin goes for $28. If you like Rose this appears to be the real deal. I have not got mine yet, but cannot wait until I do.

Last edited:
See my earlier post on St Charles Shave's Rose Damascena Shave Soap.
A wallet hitter because it's made with 100% pure Bulgarian Rose Absolute. A 3.7oz tin goes for $28. If you like Rose this appears to be the real deal. I have not got mine yet, but cannot wait until I do.

I'm waiting for your review on this one. Sounds great - I am a big rose fan.

Just got Tabac stick in the mail. I already have the puck and I love it so I decided to get the stick. I'm pretty sure that they will last me a long time

2017-11-03 15-33-43 60f33111.jpeg 2017-11-03 15-34-47 80f20686.jpeg 2017-11-03 15-39-36 1c8cefcb.jpeg

I'm waiting for your review on this one. Sounds great - I am a big rose fan.
Will do. I did receive the soap. Scent in the tin is an amazing Rose scent. Pure. Soap is not a puck but rather shaped like a Rose. I would not use this soap on a regular basis (daily), but rather weekly or monthly because of the cost. I'm currently using a tub of T&H Rose cream and QED Wild Rose soap. Also have a tub of C Salters Cream and a tub of Soap Commander's Love-Pure Rose.
I will use the SCS Bugarian Rose (Rose Damascena) Shave Soap early early next week and do a review.
Mikey

If anyone's interested, Maggards has L&L Grooming's Darkfall back in stock (37 tubs). Was 38 until I just ordered one. Looks to be a great Fall scent.
Mikey

Noble Otter The Trail. I've taken quite a liking to piney scents in the last year - if done well - and I've read good things about this artisan so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Noble Otter The Trail. I've taken quite a liking to piney scents in the last year - if done well - and I've read good things about this artisan so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

I’m a huge fan of the mountains, especially pine forests. Do you have a current favorite that you might recommend? I tried Stirling Mountain Man but it’s not doing it for me.

I’m a huge fan of the mountains, especially pine forests. Do you have a current favorite that you might recommend? I tried Stirling Mountain Man but it’s not doing it for me.
Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina is probably my favorite. Long Rifle Leatherstocking (name is misleading), and I really really like the pine note in WSP Tobacco and/or Lisa's Natural Tobacco & Bay. T&S Boreal would make this list but it is insanely strong

Stirling Mountain Man is def not piney, but Stirling Coniferous and Stirling Scot’s Pine Sheep definitely are piney/woodsy. Stirling Ozark is also great in that regard. You just grabbed the wrong Stirling scent;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Stirling Mountain Man is def not piney, but Stirling Coniferous and Stirling Scot’s Pine Sheep definitely are piney/woodsy. Stirling Ozark is also great in that regard. You just grabbed the wrong Stirling scent;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Ozark is a bit more Christmas-y, and both are awesome, woodsy scents.

Top Bottom