What's new

Shaving Samples for Sale

Glad they arrived safely. What's your first impression of the 1903? It's one of my favorite creams, really good stuf IMO.

I liked it very much. Have you got the cologne or ASB? I'll be keeping 1903 in the back of my mind when I'm asked what I want for Christmas....:wink:

Nope, just the shaving cream. Since they don't have an after shave splash, I'll probably get the cologne.

I received my package today. Joy! As others have already said the packaging is great, each jar is individually shrink wrapped and labeled. And Joshua has been a great dealer, figuring out the best way to deal with shipping all the way to Europe, and managing to deal with me messing up the payment at first :blushing:

I warmly recommend getting some samples from Joshua! :thumbup1:

Since I am unable to modify my first post, I've had to completely repost my Updated Creams List below. I've added about 5 new creams, but they've just been ordered so are currently not available. Estimated availability dates are listed next to each cream.

I've also added 1 Tier 5 cream. I haven't tried it yet, but I've yet to read that anyones been disappointed in Tabula Rasa, even w/the exorbinant price of $28.50 for 4 ounces, plus shipping.

About my creams – I use all of my creams by scooping them out with a stainless steel butterknife, no scooping out w/fingers or dipping into a tub with a brush. The only creams I have that I’ve found to be somewhat inconsistent (compared to other creams of the same brand) are Vulfix lavender, Salters Rose and Taylors Avocado. I think it may be from the TX heat when I ordered them, or inconsistencies from the manufacturer, but these three scents are a little thinner than their brand counterparts. Although they still shave just as well, I wanted to note this before I had any possibly unhappy buyers.

I have setup separate tiers to allow for the highend shave cream user, as well as the budget shaver. Based on my cost of shaving creams, tier 1 creams are the cheapest (Arko, Toms of Maine, etc), tiers 2&3 are “midrange” (eg, Taylors, Salters, etc) tier 4 creams are the most expensive (Castle Forbes, J Peterman, etc) excluding the one tier 5 cream that I've got on order (Tabula Rasa, man this stuffs expensive).

All of my samples are .35ozs, or the same size as scotto used to sell. All creams are shipped via priority mail with Delivery Confirmation, and prices are ConUS only (International purchases please email me before ordering and we’ll figure out a shipping option for you). Domestic first class really isn’t much cheaper than priority, the cost of Delivery confirmation is higher on first class than priority, and I have to provide all shipping material for first class shipments. So once you net all the extra costs out, priority is only like $1 more, so priority is the only way I’ll send shipments.

Ordering Process
I only accept paypal and I will only ship to the address provided by paypal, so make sure it’s correct.

Standard Orders - VERY IMPORTANT
To order a standard 6 sample package as outlined below, email me (not PM, but email) for my paypal address.
Once you receive my paypal address, send the correct payment to me via paypal.
In the Subject line of the payment section on paypal, please put in your forum user ID and which forum you are a member of (for those w/multiple forum memberships, put in the forum that you’d like me to contact you through).
In the message section, provide me with the names of the 6 creams you’re ordering PLUS an alternate sample selection, AND your email address. I have a pretty good supply of shaving creams for each scent, but if for some reason I’m out of one of your choices, the alternate will be sent. And you’re providing your email address so that I can email you the delivery confirmation # of your shipment.

NonStandard Orders
To calculate the cost for nonstandard packages, like a blend of different tier samples (say 3 tier 4’s and 3 tier 3’s) take the per sample cost of each cream, add $5.25 for shipping, and then subtract $1.25 for the group discount. Once you've calculated how much your order will cost, complete the rest of ordering process through paypal as outlined above.

About # of samples per order
Ordering less than six really isn’t cost effective from a shipping standpoint, but you can save a bit by ordering more than six at a time. Email me if your order will fall in this category.

Shipping/Customer Service Expectations
Please keep in mind that this is not my day job, technically this isn’t even my night job, and is definitely not a full time deal for me. I am not making much of a profit, and will be putting most of the cash back into replenishing creams and/or expanding the selection for everyone.

I will do my best to get your order out as soon as possible, but the reality is that I have a very time intensive day job, coming home very late some evenings. Because of this, I cannot commit to a 24/48 hour turnaround on your order. I will do my best to get your order out quickly, but the most I can guarantee is getting orders shipped out every Saturday. Orders will most likely be shipped out earlier, but I am in no way making any guarantees that it will.

I can guarantee that you will be notified when your order is shipped (via email from paypal) that your samples will come safely packaged, cleanly marked, filled to the rim of every container, and sealed to prevent leaking. IF for some reason the USPS loses your order (and is ID'd in that manner via the DCN), please contact me and we'll work out a set of replacement samples for you.

IF you have any questions AT ALL, please email me before placing an order and I'll try to answer you in a timely manner. I'd ALSO like to hear from members as to what other creams they'd like to see added for availability.

My inventory of creams for sample
Tier 1 Creams - $2 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $16 including priority shipping & discount
1600 For Men
Power Shave
Mango Vanilla (brushless)
Arko
Sensitive
Citrus
Normal
Lemon
Commando
Barbasol*
Barbasol Brushless (lilac scent)
Derby
Menthol
Lemon
Lavender - NEW AVAILABLE NOW
H20+
Marine Brushless
Kiss My Face
Mint
Peaceful Patchouli
Unscented
The Real Shaving Co.
Cooling (very light cucumber scent, almost unscented)*
Toms of Maine
Calendula
Mint
1600 For Men
Power Shave

Tier 2 Creams - $3 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $22 including priority shipping & discount
Erasmic
Erasmic
European Palmolive
European Palmolive
Florena
Regular
Sensitive
Ingram
Ingram (strong cooling sensation)
Musgo Real
Musgo
Nancy Boy
Signature (lavender/rosemary/peppermint)
Replenishing (cucumber)
Proraso
Red
Green
Taylors of Old Bond Street
Sandalwood
Shaving Shop
St James OUT FOR NOW, REPLACEMENT ON THE WAY
Lavender
Avocado
Vulfix
Sandalwood
Lavender

Tier 3 Creams - $3.50 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $25 including priority shipping & discount

Art of Shaving
Lavender
Sandalwood - NEW SHOULD BE AVAILABLE BY 8/10/07
Lemon - NEW SHOULD BE AVAILABLE BY 8/10/07
Crabtree & Evelyn
Sandalwood
Sweet Almond oil*
Sienna
Nomad
Cyril Salter
Indian Sandalwood
Mint
Citrus
Lime
Wild Rose
Geo F. Trumpers
Violet
Coconut
JM Frasers
JM Frasers (lemony scent)
Mama Bear
Patchouli/Menthol (custom blend)*
Truefitt & Hill
Ultimate Comfort (very light lavender scent)

Tier 4 Creams - $4 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $28 including priority shipping & discount
Castle Forbes
Lime
Coates of England
Lime*
Eshave
White Tea
Citrus
Floral - NEW SHOULD BE AVAILABLE BY 8/10/07
Almond - NEW SHOULD BE AVAILABLE BY 8/10/07
J Peterman

Tier 5 Creams - $5 each
Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa NEW SHOULD BE AVAILABLE BY 8/20/07

*’s means that once they’re gone, they’ll no longer be available (most likely

The Tabula Rasa is a little different and may take some getting used to working with but it is great on the skin and for people w/ skin issues.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. I've kind of done a little bit too well as of late and have run out of sample containers.

I've got some coming though, and will repost a new list (got some great new additions as well) once I've got more containers.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. I've kind of done a little bit too well as of late and have run out of sample containers.

I've got some coming though, and will repost a new list (got some great new additions as well) once I've got more containers.

Excellent. I'm going to make an order whenever you get those in.

Finally got in the new sample containers, and below is an updated cream sample list. Creams in red are new additions.

Also, coming soon, AFTERSHAVE SAMPLES. These will be limited to the few high end aftershaves that I have in my collection, Italian Floid, Italian Floid Blue, possibly Spanish Floid and possibly Swiss Pitralon. I will not be selling these until my vendor has them in stock. But they will be an inexpensive and easy way for a person to try an aftershave w/out shelling $40 for a bottle they might not like.

Since I am unable to modify my first post, I've had to completely repost my Updated Creams List below.

About my creams – I use all of my creams by scooping them out with a stainless steel butterknife, no scooping out w/fingers or dipping into a tub with a brush. The only creams I have that I’ve found to be somewhat inconsistent (compared to other creams of the same brand) are Vulfix lavender, Salters Rose and Taylors Avocado. I think it may be from the TX heat when I ordered them, or inconsistencies from the manufacturer, but these three scents are a little thinner than their brand counterparts. Although they still shave just as well, I wanted to note this before I had any possibly unhappy buyers.

I have setup separate tiers to allow for the highend shave cream user, as well as the budget shaver. Based on my cost of shaving creams, tier 1 creams are the cheapest (Arko, Toms of Maine, etc), tiers 2&3 are “midrange” (eg, Taylors, Salters, etc) tier 4 creams are the most expensive (Castle Forbes, J Peterman, etc) excluding the one tier 5 cream that I've got on order (Tabula Rasa, man this stuffs expensive).

All of my samples are .35ozs, or the same size as scotto used to sell. All creams are shipped via priority mail with Delivery Confirmation, and prices are ConUS only (International purchases please email me before ordering and we’ll figure out a shipping option for you). Domestic first class really isn’t much cheaper than priority, the cost of Delivery confirmation is higher on first class than priority, and I have to provide all shipping material for first class shipments. So once you net all the extra costs out, priority is only like $1 more, so priority is the only way I’ll send shipments.

*UPDATE* Due to shipping problems, I will no longer be able to ship to Italy, Sorry.

Ordering Process
I only accept paypal and I will only ship to the address provided by paypal, so make sure it’s correct.

Standard Orders - VERY IMPORTANT
To order a standard 6 sample package as outlined below, email me (not PM, but email) for my paypal address.
Once you receive my paypal address, send the correct payment to me via paypal.
In the Subject line of the payment section on paypal, please put in your forum user ID and which forum you are a member of (for those w/multiple forum memberships, put in the forum that you’d like me to contact you through).
In the message section, provide me with the names of the 6 creams you’re ordering PLUS an alternate sample selection, AND your email address. I have a pretty good supply of shaving creams for each scent, but if for some reason I’m out of one of your choices, the alternate will be sent. And you’re providing your email address so that I can email you the delivery confirmation # of your shipment.

NonStandard Orders
To calculate the cost for nonstandard packages, like a blend of different tier samples (say 3 tier 4’s and 3 tier 3’s) take the per sample cost of each cream, add $5.25 for shipping, and then subtract $1.25 for the group discount. Once you've calculated how much your order will cost, complete the rest of ordering process through paypal as outlined above.

About # of samples per order
Ordering less than six really isn’t cost effective from a shipping standpoint, but you can save a bit by ordering more than six at a time. Email me if your order will fall in this category.

Shipping/Customer Service Expectations
Please keep in mind that this is not my day job, technically this isn’t even my night job, and is definitely not a full time deal for me. I am not making much of a profit, and will be putting most of the cash back into replenishing creams and/or expanding the selection for everyone.

I will do my best to get your order out as soon as possible, but the reality is that I have a very time intensive day job, coming home very late some evenings. Because of this, I cannot commit to a 24/48 hour turnaround on your order. I will do my best to get your order out quickly, but the most I can guarantee is getting orders shipped out every Saturday. Orders will most likely be shipped out earlier, but I am in no way making any guarantees that it will.

I can guarantee that you will be notified when your order is shipped (via email from paypal) that your samples will come safely packaged, cleanly marked, filled to the rim of every container, and sealed to prevent leaking. IF for some reason the USPS loses your order (and is ID'd in that manner via the DCN), please contact me and we'll work out a set of replacement samples for you.

IF you have any questions AT ALL, please email me before placing an order and I'll try to answer you in a timely manner. I'd ALSO like to hear from members as to what other creams they'd like to see added for availability.

My inventory of creams for sample
Tier 1 Creams - $2 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $16 including priority shipping & discount
Alba
Mango Vanilla (brushless)
Arko
Sensitive
Regular
Citrus
Normal
Cooling
Barbasol*
Barbasol Brushless (lilac scent)
Derby
Menthol
Lemon
Lavender
H20+
Marine Brushless
The Real Shaving Co.
Cooling (very light cucumber scent, almost unscented)*
Toms of Maine
Calendula
Mint
Kiss My Face
Mint
Peaceful Patchouli
Unscented
1600 For Men
Power Shave

Tier 2 Creams - $3 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $22 including priority shipping & discount
Florena
Regular
Sensitive
Taylors of Old Bond Street
Sandalwood
Shaving Shop
St James
Lavender
Avocado
Musgo Real
Musgo
Proraso
Red
Green
Ingram
Ingram (strong cooling sensation)
Erasmic
Erasmic
European Palmolive
European Palmolive
Nancy Boy
Signature (lavender/rosemary/peppermint)
Replenishing (cucumber)

Tier 3 Creams - $3.50 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $25 including priority shipping & discount
Crabtree & Evelyn
Sandalwood
Sweet Almond oil
Sienna
Nomad
Mama Bear
Patchouli/Menthol (custom blend)*
JM Frasers
JM Frasers (lemony scent)
Speick
Speick
Geo F. Trumpers
Violet
Coconut
Art of Shaving
Lavender
Lemon
Sandalwood
Cyril Salter
Indian Sandalwood
Mint
Citrus
Lime
Wild Rose
Truefitt & Hill
Ultimate Comfort (very light lavender scent)
Vulfix
Sandalwood (coming soon)

Tier 4 Creams - $4 each + $5.25 shipping or 6 for $28 including priority shipping & discount
Castle Forbes
Lavender
Lime
DR Harris
Arlington
J Peterman
Coates of England
Lime*
Tea Tree*
Eshave
White Tea
Citrus
Floral
Almond
Vergulde Hand
Vergulde Hand

Tier 5 Creams - $5 each
Tabula Rasa - Unscented

*’s mean they’re no longer being produced by the mfr, and once they’re gone, they’re gone for good

Joshua,

What shipping method to Canada do you plan to use for your After Shave products?

I haven't thought about that. Based on the strict customs guidelines it would likely be cost prohibitive to send a/s samples outside the US. Sorry.

Being that you're in Canada and would probably know more about this than me, PM me if you have any suggestions.

Top Bottom