What's new

Shaving Sabbatical

I broke my leg and dislocated my ankle in early October and couldn't put weight on my left foot for several months, making shaving at the sink almost impossible. I decided to forgo shaving--except for trimming up the neck and cheek area every couple of days--until I could stand on both feet at the sink.

Everyone seemed to like the beard, especially the wife. But I missed shaving and only went two months before shaving it off, though I kept my mustache and a soul patch. I still can't put full weight on the foot, but I've gotten quite accomplished with the one-pass-plus-touch-up shave.

I also shaved it off because I had gotten to the point where the beard needed more maintenance and I really didn't want to load up on trimmers and the many beard care products. I have enough shaving stuff, I didn't need beard stuff too.
Yeah, the maintenance is what normally causes me to ditch a beard. After going grizzly for Movember (I always have a 'stache, so let face go shaggy), decided it would be too much trouble to try to cut my circle beard back in, so I cut it all (not 'stache)

Top Bottom