What's new

Shaving Politics

La Toja vs Pre de Provence!

La Toja vs. Myrsol! (Hope I'm not too provacative with this one..)

Cella vs. Arko!

Dorco vs. Feather!

Many interesting combinations, especially if one considers razors made pre-war coupled with modern day consumables.

But I wonder if Mueller shaves with Trumper’s and Rapira blades...or maybe his favorite blades are Pol(itical) Silvers. :lol: Lots of politician jokes to be made.

I remember a thread recently about some guy saying they refuse to shave with Russian blades (on moral grounds or something).

I will shave with whatever blade gives me the best value for my dollar. Also i feel it is shortsighted to crucify an entire nation based on the politics of a certain denomination inside of it.

Like when foreigners talk about "what typical americans do or feel". Ive been around long enough to know that the diversity in opinion in USA is varied enough that you could never say "all americans like grilled cheese sandwiches" or whatever.

I will shave with the blades that I enjoy and I dont really care even if they came from N Korea or whatever.

Today I finished a Silver Star blade from Egypt-very nice! Then I loaded a Personna red from Israel-one of my favorites. This led me to think of other great blades that come from political rivals.

My next thought was to consider some of my favorite Russian blades, perhaps a GSB or Nacet, followed by a Personna lab or med prep from the US.

Any other great blade pairs from 'political' rivals?

[emoji635] Voshod vs [emoji629] Merkur

Peace [emoji111]️

I remember a thread recently about some guy saying they refuse to shave with Russian blades (on moral grounds or something).

I will shave with whatever blade gives me the best value for my dollar. Also i feel it is shortsighted to crucify an entire nation based on the politics of a certain denomination inside of it.

Like when foreigners talk about "what typical americans do or feel". Ive been around long enough to know that the diversity in opinion in USA is varied enough that you could never say "all americans like grilled cheese sandwiches" or whatever.

I will shave with the blades that I enjoy and I dont really care even if they came from N Korea or whatever.
That was probably me. I'll admit that I have a bias against Russian blades, based purely in politics. I know that theres some very, very good blades made in Russia but I cant get past it. Oh well, theres plenty of other great blades me in Japan, Germany and the USA. If nothing else, that leaves more Russian blades for everyone else. ;)

It's a battle royale inside of my used blade can. At minimum I have blades from

Egypt
Israel
Russia
Turkey
China
Japan
Germany and
USA

I was referring to the US/Turkish relationship. You should try Williams if the price isn’t too dear. Arko is a favorite of mine too. Williams is an American iconic soap some love and as many hate. Almost as bad as the American war of Northern Aggression (1860 - 1865).

Amen it seems few are like myself and love and use both!

what I've told my Gillette's....I did not have shaving relations with that Gem

in response to my GF asking me about the hobby...Read my lips: no new razors

when addressing the audience in Germany...ich bin ein wet shaver

attempting to oversell the benefits of DE razors to a friend...I shall shave on the island, whatever the cost may be, I shall shave on the beaches, I shall shave on the landing grounds, I shall shave in the fields and in the streets, I shall shave in the hills....I will never go back to cartridges

in trying to understand the popularity of that silly blade....the only thing I have to fear is the Nacet itself

every evening when standing infront of the mirror....ask not what your razor can do for you; ask what you can do for your razor

The globalists and free traders seem to be in the majority; the isolationists and tariff supporters are few.

And I think there is an anarchist in the wings.

Fortunately, in my home the Portuguese brushes play well with the English soaps.

what I've told my Gillette's....I did not have shaving relations with that Gem

in response to my GF asking me about the hobby...Read my lips: no new razors

when addressing the audience in Germany...ich bin ein wet shaver

attempting to oversell the benefits of DE razors to a friend...I shall shave on the island, whatever the cost may be, I shall shave on the beaches, I shall shave on the landing grounds, I shall shave in the fields and in the streets, I shall shave in the hills....I will never go back to cartridges

in trying to understand the popularity of that silly blade....the only thing I have to fear is the Nacet itself

every evening when standing infront of the mirror....ask not what your razor can do for you; ask what you can do for your razor
Too funny!

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Top Bottom