What's new

Shaving music

Lamb of God. That will get you up, and the rest of the people you live with. Honestly I don't listen to music that often when I shave, but when I do I generally pick something I like just in general. That means I choose something that isn't country and just roll with it. I don't think there necessarily has to be something specifically labeled a good shaving song. I mean I understand why a lot of people recommended things like Frank Sinatra, but let's be honest, when is it a bad time to listen to Frank?

+1! Protest the Hero and old Atreyu are good wake-up music too.

Huzzah! Someone else who is in the know ;) . Actually today I put on some Amon Amarth. They are metal but they sing about like mythology and stuff. Kind of inspired by the Two Steps From Hell suggest in relation to an epic shave :) . Besides, I needed something to drowned out the sound of the R41 destroying my stubble ;) .

One of the most "drop-your-c**ks-and grab-your-socks" type of music I like is the live version "Boom-Boom, Out Go The Lights" by Pat Travers.

Mind you, I tried shaving to it this morning with my Beau Brummel straight, and here is the result:
proxy.php

I'm thinking some Mantovani or Zamphir would be a whole lot safer, don't you?

Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyrie"

Stuart totally scooped me on this one, if one were to insist on music for shaving. I prefer to concentrate, especially right now when I'm experimenting with more aggressive blade settings in my Slim.

On the other hand, if one were to throw caution to the wind, why not a genuinely 'welcome to the day' kind of piece? This Swedish song bidding welcome to the springtime has frequently been stuck in my head lately; humming it to myself as I shave is really as close I come to listening to music while shaving.

For those who have discovered Sinatra, I heartily recommend "The Best of Frank Sinatra, The Capitol Years" (Selections from The Capitol Years Box Set). This link has it at Amazon for $4.99 and has a song list with playable snippets. Great single-CD for Sinatra fans. (Sorry couldn't get the link to embed.)
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Capitol-Years-Frank-Sinatra/dp/B000002V1X

And, if you're into this sort of thing - as I've become as I age - this is a link to Glenn Miller's Greatest Hits. Again an inexpensive single-CD of great music, and again at Amazon with playable snippets.
http://www.amazon.com/Glenn-Miller-Greatest-Hits/dp/B000003G2K

I've listened to both those albums while shaving. Great mood. But, if you want to start your morning on a livelier note, I've always found "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves gets my motor running.

I don't really listen to music often while shaving, weekends mostly and it's usually some kind of metal/hard rock. Today it was Testament's Greatest Hits...from which my favorite for shaving is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom