What's new

shaving mugs

Old spice vintage mugs are plentiful on they bay and can be had for under $15 easy.

I really like those, they are the perfect size for working with soap. Most shaving mugs that you find today have high sides, which interferes with working the brush.

Another vote for the Old Spice mugs, classic design and works great for the reasons already mentioned, inexpensive.

All my past and present shaving mugs have been former coffee mugs or soup bowls.

oh wait, except one.. which is this:

full

I got it as a gift, I love it.

Nice wide top. I melt VDH in there.

It came with a kit that costs like $12 or something. I've seen similar-shaped mugs go for $30 to $40 so be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found two really nice mugs at a local Goodwill store. One is plenty large to build lather in and the other actually says, "Barbershop old fashioned luxury," on it.

I use the Ansgar Mug from Mama Bear. It is the ultimate shaving mug IMHO!! It is large enough to lather in and holds heat a long, long time! I was skeptical that any mug was worth the $, but it was way cheaper than a good scuttle. Now, I won't use anything but this mug! If I break mine, :eek: I'll get another just like it!!

Heres mine, cost £10 from ebay.

Currently its filled with cheap (60p) palmolive shaving stick which I grated and pressed into the top of the mug/scuttle.

As someone said to me when I bought mine, make sure your brush will fit into the hole!

5. My favorite so far is an old fasioned mortar and pestle for grinding up herbs and medicine. She found one out of a nice dark stone that is just the right size and holds heat like you would not believe. Well, you probably would since its stone. Anyways, its more of a stone bowl than anything, but thicker since your supposed to grind things in it. It has a nice solid bottom so it doesnt rock or tip, and the inside is smooth and round. It is perfect for creams and was less than 20 bucks. Its my favorite till she steals it for something or finds something better.

A stone bowl....now that is full of win. Wetshaving...so easy a caveman can do it!

//ckirk

I wished somebody would still make a mug modeled after the Koken brand mugs from yesteryear....and then find an artist that could paint the designs on the side or your occupation. That would be so cool to have in your shave den.

Top Bottom