What's new

Shaving Mugs Vintage

So not really sure where to post this. Yesterday I cleaned out and rearranged my shaving section of the bathroom (can't really call it a Den since I share it with my wife, the catbox and the dogs emergency pads 😂) Anyway, I was about to pitch this shaving mug. I don't even know where I got it. But before I tossed it in the trash I researched it and found it is a Homer Laughlin mug made in January of 1924. The gold is worn off the rim, and the glaze is crazing on the bottom, but otherwise it's in nice shape. So knowing that I kept it. It used to serve as a holding place for various razors I didn't really have a place to put. So, knowing this....that it has survived since 1924....i kept it and it is now serving as a holder for my wife's hair dye brushes and my hair brush. I was also able to date my Old Spice "Ship Grand Turk" in writing opposite the handle "mug (which I sometimes use...currently with a Stirling Barbershop sample) as being available from 1964-1978. So anyway....i was happy to somewhat date them and, in the case of the oldest one, not committing a tragic act by tossing it in the trash. 😮

Here are some links if anyone is interested:

Last edited:
Great move! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have regretted ’tossing’ unused shaving kit on more than one occasion!!

Great move! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have regretted ’tossing’ unused shaving kit on more than one occasion!!

This mug is very deep, which probably worked for the long handled shaving brushes of that era.
All of my brushes have shorter handles, in comparison to those.

Top Bottom