What's new

shaving mugs/scuttle recommendations

well i went to use my qshave scuttle and after i filled it up with water it just started leaking,
theres a hairline crack in it, God knows how it happened, hardly used it tbh and im gutted :(
Saj, if you're looking for a reasonably priced scuttle, check out the Razorock one from Italian Barber, less than $20 USD.

Reactions: saj

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saj, if you're looking for a reasonably priced scuttle, check out the Razorock one from Italian Barber, less than $20 USD.

Also, this brush warmer works well.

10-27-20.PAA-BrushWarmer.SOC-Inside.640.JPG

It works well enough for me to use every day, and was inexpensive.

It's also easy to get by without anything store-bought.

Happy shaves,

Jim

i've heard about some people raving about those dog bowls as shaving mugs due to being able to lather very well and quickly too,
i feel like giving it a go, has any links as to which one is the best dog bowl to get for lathering? thanks

I got an apothecary style shave mug at Andersen Pottery store on Etsy. It's great, and made a nice Father's Day gift, and it's the one piece of kit I use every day.

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

i've heard about some people raving about those dog bowls as shaving mugs due to being able to lather very well and quickly too,
i feel like giving it a go, has any links as to which one is the best dog bowl to get for lathering? thanks
I think you mean the orange one
I bought mine in a pet shop but they are plenty on Ali express
Stirling also has the version with extra nubs on the bottom.
But without nubs it works great too the silicone is rough enough.

Attachments

• DC6002A9-7F2C-4A8A-83E2-0F4069FF1137.jpeg
    DC6002A9-7F2C-4A8A-83E2-0F4069FF1137.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 18
  • C81B9B50-567A-492F-99FC-28AA65579609.jpeg
    C81B9B50-567A-492F-99FC-28AA65579609.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 17
I think you mean the orange one
I bought mine in a pet shop but they are plenty on Ali express
Stirling also has the version with extra nubs on the bottom.
But without nubs it works great too the silicone is rough enough.
Yea it's it better to get the one with the nubs/ridges?

I would've thought so 🤷

Yea it's it better to get the one with the nubs/ridges?

I would've thought so 🤷
If you get either from Ali they are so cheap you can get both.
Without nubs probably cleans easier.

Any drawbacks?
Big long heavy brush can make it tip

Unexpected perks
Due to flexible design you can change the height and it therefore works with short and long handled brushes.
Bottom is anti slip

If you get either from Ali they are so cheap you can get both.
Without nubs probably cleans easier.

Any drawbacks?
Big long heavy brush can make it tip

Unexpected perks
Due to flexible design you can change the height and it therefore works with short and long handled brushes.
Bottom is anti slip
yea just not sure if i should go for one of those collapsable dog bowl or the lickimat wobble, not sure if youve seen that one mate?

Hi Saj, I believe you saw my scuttle and liked it. I managed to track down a UK retailer for it. It's a bit steep at fifty pounds but in my humble opinion completely worth it. Here's a link:

not gonna lie its a bit steep for me but i really appreciate the effort you took to find the link many thanks :)

Hi Saj, I believe you saw my scuttle and liked it. I managed to track down a UK retailer for it. It's a bit steep at fifty pounds but in my humble opinion completely worth it. Here's a link:

the measurements sounds a lot compared to what the picture looks like, seems like the picture doesnt do it justice imo

No worries. I sure like that antique silver one. But I've spent too much this month already ha ha.
Edit: just saw your second reply, meaning it looks bigger than it is? Don't follow, sorry.

No worries. I sure like that antique silver one. But I've spent too much this month already ha ha.
Edit: just saw your second reply, meaning it looks bigger than it is? Don't follow, sorry.
im saying its probably bigger in real life then what it looks like in that picture on the link you shared

just an idea but i got these two bowls one is clay and the other one is copper, the clay bowl fits perfectly into the copper bowl,
would i be able to put hot boiling water from the kettle into the copper bowl and heat up the lather within the clay bowl?

i literally have no idea lool

link to the bowls im talking about

If I'm feeling nostalgic, I can use an Old Spice mug or Burma Shave and even an antique occupational mug. if i'm looking for that traditional hot water scuttle, I went the bargain route and use an white, Old World Gravy Scuttle with a cork to hold hot water, or the antique blue & white Union Pacific Railroad Scuttle. If I travel and want a scuttle, i take my favorite, Large Green Marvey Rubber mug and place it on top of a small plug-in, potpourri warmer for a quick warm lather and brush shave.

View attachment 1193436
That's actually a good idea

i wonder if anyone has used a usb cup warmer under their shaving bowl/mug?

Never owned a usb cup warmer so not exactly sure how hot it actually gets

Top Bottom