What's new

Shaving mirror, a must-have?

Do you use a mirror when shaving?

• Always, of course, that's a silly question.

• Sometimes, gotta keep those sideburns straight.

• Never, ever.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have seen a man shaved with a straight razor without a mirror and without shaving lather.

He stropped the razor edge on his denim pant leg just below the front pocket and proceeded to shave the side of his face, below the nose, around the lips, chin area and neck. He used his thumb positioned under the blade edge to guide the angle of the blade.

I was just amazed watching him shaved the hairs off his face by just feeling the blade and skin, and not even one nick.

He was also talking to us like it was a ordinary thing to do... nothing extra-ordinary about it. Really amazing.
Whoa, that's something. Good story.

Always shaved in shower without a mirror when cartridge shaving, since I switched to DE still shave in shower but need a mirror coz the razor still feels unfamiliar to me. Have little hand held fog free mirror which seems to do the job nicely.

Mirror of course! How else I can enjoy the noble face of My Majesty? :lol: :lol: :lol:

proxy.php

After my first pass there's nothing to see. My second and third pass removes stubble I hear as it's being removed, feel by touch (fingers) or hear and feel as a damp cloth is passed over my face.

I do use a mirror, yes. But it obviously is not nessary to. Else how would someone without vision shave? :001_rolle I seem to need all the help I can get. :thumbup:

I don't , and have not in the past, used a mirror 100% to shave with. Any reflective surface will do from still water to a chrome bumper.

I installed a pull out mirror at the beginning of the year, love it! It keeps my from having to squint to see my face in the larger mirror and makes the entire process more comfortable. Shaving without a mirror all together? Sure, if I had too and didn't care so much what lines my goatee followed. I used to shave in the shower and had no problem but without a mirror I end up missing the best part of the day.

I always use a mirror, that being said, one day I'm going to buy that stuff that keeps your mirror unfogged.

Just do what I did, follow the advice people have given here on B&B. You know...smear barbasol on it with an old brush, polish with car wax, stuff like that. Doesn't work at all but at least you can spend the next hour (or if your stupid like me, longer because you did two mirrors) wiping down your mirror trying to make it look nice again before your wife sees how much of a mess you've made ...then the next morning when you take a shower you will be able to curse the name of those you told you to do such a stupid thing as you watch your foggy mirrors weep water and streak so badly you stand no chance if surviving the wrath of your OCD challenged spouse who will most certainly disembowel you upon finding the mess you will be forced to leave because you have an early meeting to get to and can't take the time to make the mirrors sparkle again (take a breath). Or you can just buy a little $5 fan from Walmart and place it on the counter pointed at the necessary spot on the mirror (stores easy under the sink) while you shower. As you do your prep the mirror will return to its original clarity. (I also have a window I can open when the weather is cooperative)

But I love my wall mounted- pull out mirror.

I used to shave in the shower when I was using a Mach 3. I am not at a point that I am comfortable doing the same with a DE razor.

Regarding a foggy mirror, I just bought a micro fiber towel made for drying cars. That worked way better than a bath towel at wiping fog off the mirror. I am not a fan of wiping a mirror, but it is the best option for me.

I really can't imagine why someone would not use one, short of some unusual circumstance where there simply isn't one nor will there be one for some prolonged time.

For me negotiating around a couple difficult spots on my face would be far more difficult and perilous if I didn't use a mirror. If no mirror was available I simply wouldn't shave til I had one to use. With no mirror the shave would be tedious and of so-so quality.

I always use a mirror, although I'm sure if I lost my sight I'd be okay blind. The back of my head I can't see when I shave and, although if I do get a nick or weeper it's usually there, I rarely have any mishaps.

I probably could if it was necessary, but since there has always been a mirror by the sink that I was shaving at, there's been no need to try.

Always use a mirror..i wouldnt take a chance and end up with a nasty nick and then get head or facial scars :( they look ghastly

Top Bottom