What's new

Shaving meccas in Genoa, Italy! Pt 1

Had a great week in Genoa recently and discovered several amazing shaving mecca spots!
Here is first installment:

Antique barbershop Antica Barberia Giacalone​
Got this lead from TripAdvisor.com.​
Renovated tiny art deco barbershop in old Genoa alleyway.​
Restored with tourist agency and Proraso funding.​
Operated by a master barber.​
Had a great barber shave, with Proraso cream, boar brush and shavette with fresh DE blade, 15 euro.​
genoa 2019 L-1000851s.jpg
antica barbieria genova barber shave 2019.jpg
Next, Santa Maria Novella shop in pedestrian mall district in old Genoa.​
Complete inventory of SMN colognes, soaps, even liqueurs, plus a barber station.​
genoa 2019 L-1010169s.jpg
genoa 2019 L-1010159s.jpg
genoa 2019 L-1010160s.jpg
genoa 2019 L-1010166s.jpg
Next to follow...Genoa brick and mortar shave shops!!​

My son and I stumbled on the Mondial store in Florence when I was there in Sept. He got a barber shave and the store was pretty cool. Dropped some coin on a couple nice tubs of soap, though, but overall a great experience.

Great city, try to enjoy the food and the Genovese lifestyle, too!

Too bad Valobra is not for sale at this moment

They are from Genova and there is a pharmacy that was selling fresh, unpacked Valobra soap straight from the factory.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Italy is full of these old barbershops, which, in many cases, are a family business that goes on from father to son.

Enjoy your time, my friend!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'd love to do a barbershop and factory tour of Italy. Mine would have to include Sicily to visit Zenith.

Great thread.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I use to be an Au Pair in Genoa and I remember one day, walking past a shaving shop with loads of goodies in the window. Problem was, I had no idea where it was, how I got there or how to get there again so was never able to find it again.

I went back to Genoa 2 or 3 years later and tried to find it again with no luck. I hope you found the one Im thinking of OP so I can pin point it so I can return to it if/when I go back

I use to be an Au Pair in Genoa and I remember one day, walking past a shaving shop with loads of goodies in the window. Problem was, I had no idea where it was, how I got there or how to get there again so was never able to find it again.

I went back to Genoa 2 or 3 years later and tried to find it again with no luck. I hope you found the one Im thinking of OP so I can pin point it so I can return to it if/when I go back

This might be one of the places that the guide took me to; will be posting those pics soon!

Top Bottom