What's new

Shaving In The Shower

Been shaving in the shower for decades for all the reasons that others have already listed.

I use a stainless steel camping mirror hanging from a hook, and I just run it under the shower for a second or two before I start shaving to avoid fogging.

Then I find that when I'm shaving my neck, I tip my head back like a PEZ dispenser, and since my light and exhaust fan are inside the shower, I wind up closing my eyes rather than looking into the light. So more than half of my shave is done in braille with my eyes closed.

cant beat jumping in the shower i use a cheep double sided mirror concave / convex that i paid £1 for out of a bargain store works just fine .

I would waste too much water and/or empty the water heater if I shaved in the shower. I prefer showering and shaving separately.
I agree with you. I like to conserve water, and I like to take my time shaving. so I never understood shower shaving. To each his own.

I have to admit, I've never done shaved my face in the shower (although I have shaved my legs in the shower for cycling). Maybe I should try it sometime.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Waste of water -- my limited well system says no to that. California drought.

Good for you if you've got gallons and gallons to send down the drain.

Like many others, I used to shave in the shower when I used cartridge razors. Having made the switch to DE shaving, I now enjoy my shaving time and no longer rush it as I did with cartridge razor shaving. Instead, I shave in front of the mirror after showering.

Like many others, I used to shave in the shower when I used cartridge razors. Having made the switch to DE shaving, I now enjoy my shaving time and no longer rush it as I did with cartridge razor shaving. Instead, I shave in front of the mirror after showering.
Exactly the same as my experience. Always shaved in the shower with carts; now with DE, never do. And like you, I enjoy the more relaxed pace.

Of course, living in an area self-sufficient in water, with loads of rain, and a 200 billion litre reservoir just up the road, it’s not as much an issue as for some of our fellow shavers...🤔

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Not for me. Water is far to precious out here in Australia. I would waste to much and I have always shaved before I showered. If it works for you then that is great.

I occasionally shower shave to save time, and when I do, I shut off the water during a quick two pass scrape with a DE. Then back on for a quick final rinse. Our water is plentiful and cheap, but I still don't like to waste it, or the gas that heats it.

I can't get on with shower shaving but an indulgence of mine is to shave in the bath. Every so often I treat myself to a hot bath (if my skin doesn't go red when I get in it's not hot enough), made better if there's footie on the radio I can listen to while simmering. Better still if I have a rum. I like to lay with a hot towel on my face or just submerge my face and when I'm ready make an uberlather. The only downside is the whiskers stick to your skin but a quick rinse with the shower before getting out sorts this.

I've shaved in the shower most of my adult life. Since I began head shaving it makes more sense since I can rinse. I do not run the water while shaving . I have a plastic cup filled with water for rinsing the razor.

Used to with my DE but my shower mirror turned out to be a dud. The mirrored “glass” was actually just reflective plastic film. I haven’t made any attempts to replace it...yet.

Top Bottom