What's new

Shaving In The Shower

Started wet shaving with a safety razor back in February and really enjoy it. I have a RazoRock Game Change .68. Last 2-3 days I haven't had time to do the whole routine and used it in the shower with one application of cream.

No cuts, no irritation, no alum needed post shave. Really smooth and close using a Parker Premium blade which are excellent having used 3 tucks.

Anyone else shave in the shower?

My only hesitation would be, I wouldn't do this with an aggressive razor or sharper blade, because I don't use a mirror.

I exclusively shower shave now!

I have a plastic mirror on a small hook and I run it under the hot water to equalise the temperature before shaving. This stops fogging. I like stepping out of the shower knowing that all of the mess has been rinsed away and at the same time the steam and water really help with hydration.

I occasionally shave in the shower. I'll generally use a lighter, safer razor so as to not drop that sucker on my foot and cut it or worse, break or bend a nice razor! So I like my Gillette Guard and I also like to use an old Schick J type injector (user grade). Pretty much only do this when I'm in a hurry though. I rather enjoy the relaxing time at the sink with all my gear and accoutrements.

I have been shaving in the shower for about 10 years now - I have a small travel mirror on a hook that I can warm up under the water and I find that if I rub a bit of soap on it, the mirror clears up completely. I live alone, so nobody is waiting to use the shower - I can take my time and also get really close to the mirror so I can zoom in on difficult spots like under my nose. Like that I can rinse every last bit of soap off when I am done!

I shower shave exclusively because it works better. More steam. More water. No worries about making a mess with soap. Easy to do massive cold water rinse. Better result. Etc. better in every way, imo.
This is interesting, because for years, while using those dreadful cartridges, I always shaved, face and head, in the shower. When I started DE shaving, I reverted to shaving in front of the mirror. But the advantages guitarslinger mentions are not only true, but could tempt me back...🤔

I shaved in the shower for years before finding wet shaving. When I got my first DE, I couldn’t because I wouldn’t Have known how to lather in the shower back then. Then when I moved onto straights...

The wet shaving journey saw me enjoy the lathering routine in front of a mirror & sink. But using a shave stick in the shower with a DE works just fine. Actually, very well. But it’s just not as relaxing for me.

This is interesting, because for years, while using those dreadful cartridges, I always shaved, face and head, in the shower. When I started DE shaving, I reverted to shaving in front of the mirror. But the advantages guitarslinger mentions are not only true, but could tempt me back...🤔

I have a little cremo plastic mirror hanging by paracord. It never fogs because I spray it with method spray after every shower. It’s a light layer of detergent that repels steam really well.

Shower shaving was my a ha moment where I never really had to worry about irritation ever again.

I have a little cremo plastic mirror hanging by paracord. It never fogs because I spray it with method spray after every shower. It’s a light layer of detergent that repels steam really well.

Shower shaving was my a ha moment where I never really had to worry about irritation ever again.
What’s “method“ spray? Link?

I always shave in the shower/steam sauna. Made a nice bench in there so Relaxed to brush my teeth, shave and shower. Used to shave on feel (glasses and a mirror in a steamsauna nahh).

You've heard about blind people who develop enhanced senses like touch and hearing? It's kind of like that. With some practice, you can shave by feel with your eyes closed.

I think I've just got a mental block that won't allow me to try it. Plus, I enjoy shaving after a nice shower and don't see any reason to change that.

I suppose if I ever find myself pressed for time for an extended period I might look into shower shaving just to save a little time.

I truly do admire the guys that had the nerve to try shower shaving for the first time.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’ve never shaved in the shower, but it’s obvious a lot of guys really like it for a bunch of different reasons. I will shower in the morning then shave later, after breakfast and coffee and a little reading. I like having my stuff laid out on the sink counter, an ample area for organizing. To me showering and shaving are separate endeavours, both to be savoured.

What’s “method“ spray? Link?

proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Been shaving in an outdoor shower for the last four months and absolutely loving it! I made some modifications in my procedure minor really. I use a san safe bucket of hot water to rinse the razor and a shower mirror it never fogs but can blow some if its windy. Been leaving soaps outside. Post shower I apply alum indoors with a cold water rinse. Then aftershave. i rinse my razor and brush indoors after too. Fantastic!

Started wet shaving with a safety razor back in February and really enjoy it. I have a RazoRock Game Change .68. Last 2-3 days I haven't had time to do the whole routine and used it in the shower with one application of cream.

No cuts, no irritation, no alum needed post shave. Really smooth and close using a Parker Premium blade which are excellent having used 3 tucks.

Anyone else shave in the shower?

My only hesitation would be, I wouldn't do this with an aggressive razor or sharper blade, because I don't use a mirror.

When I shave away from home, I use a DE razor in the shower.

There's no need for a mirror when shaving in the shower.
A BBS shave is a face that *feels* like a baby's bottom.
You don't want a face that *looks* like a baby's bottom!

Been shaving in an outdoor shower for the last four months and absolutely loving it! I made some modifications in my procedure minor really. I use a san safe bucket of hot water to rinse the razor and a shower mirror it never fogs but can blow some if its windy. Been leaving soaps outside. Post shower I apply alum indoors with a cold water rinse. Then aftershave. i rinse my razor and brush indoors after too. Fantastic!

This sounds awesome. Very cool.

Top Bottom