What's new

Shaving in a hurry routine , what's yours ??

When I am in a rush, I use a shave stick and cold water shaving. My routine:
  • Wash face with cool water
  • Splash cold water on face.
  • Apply shave stick.
  • Lather up.
  • Do a three pass shave.
  • Clean up.
  • Apply WH.
Did this this a.m. and took less than 15 minutes.

I tend to shave at night; that way I bypass the embarrassment of a possible nick or adverse reaction to a new product, and am still presentable in the morning.

Barbasol, Fusion 2 quick passes, rinse and lotion. Boring, but quick with no problems. Heck, that was pretty much my routine for years before I discovered classic wet shaving. I think a "long" shave took 3 mins max back then.
This... only I'm even more efficient.
Back to the old habit of the shower shave with the Fusion and Headslick shave cream.
I still shower shave my head but use the straight on my face when I get out.
So if I'm rushed and MUST shave, I'll just continue from my head over my face (all ATG, one pass).
It takes me about 3 minutes to shave my head, and that's with final buffing. Face is 2 minutes or less.

But it's rare that happens now. I moved to shaving before bed when I moved to the DE/Straights, so the only time I have to even consider using the Fusion on my face is if something happens in the evening that prevents me from taking the time to shave and I'm forced to shave in the morning.
I'm not a morning person, and already get up at 4:30. I am NOT getting up at 3:45 to allow the extra time for a nice straight shave :wink:

If I'm in a hurry and getting ready for work ... I just skip the shave altogether.

If I'm in a hurry and getting ready for a date ... I will wash my face with Spieck, all over including full face, hair, neck, etc ... then I will hand-lather some Nivea Sensitive Gel and go at it with whatever razor is handy.

I can usually get DFS+ in one pass, WTG, with this method in under 10 minutes.

First off, I never take 30 minutes to shave. I may take my time on a Saturday and it will take me a full ten minutes to shave. Monday thru Friday I take a solid five minutes to shave with my Superspeed. If I wake up late, only happened once this year, I used my Mach 3 to shave.

I know people claim to get very close shaves with fewer passes from an aggressive razor such as a slant, but if you want a good decent shave without worrying about nicks and cuts while.rushing in the a.m., I would suggest anyone try using a ej de89 along with your quick routine. I just got it, and im simply amazed with it. Its very mild, so I doubt youll get as close as say a slant in one pass, but my experience so far is that I was able to fly over my face with it, without having to be very careful. I completed 4 passes in well under 10 minutes, so a 2 pass shave would be lightning quick. I wasnt trying to go fast, its just that after my first few strokes with it I realized just how.forgiving and smooth it actually is..as theyymmv. But for me, at least for now, its going to be my go.to am shaver.....

Brushless cream such as KMF or Kiehl's, and a Mach 3. One pass WTG, and one ATG gives me a DFS or BBS.
QED.

Last edited:
I recently posted that I was in a hurry and needed a quick unexpected morning shave (I usually shave at night so time isn't an issue). I was able to make a quick lather with P160 and get a single pass shave with the Muhle R41 and it was a little better than DFS, I gotta say. But I have two other backups. If I'm heading to work, I can just shave when I get there - we have a shower and sink and I keep a user grade set there. But if I'm really really really in a pinch, I do have an electric that I can use in the car.

What's yours ?

Same as always-

1 Brush into bowl w/ hot water
2 Shower, shampooing beard along with hair, jump back out
3 Shave stick or just rub a puck on the beard
4 Lather with the brush
5 2 to 4 passes
6 Rinse out bowl, razor and brush
7 Back in shower to wash body, rinsing face at the same time.
8 AS if needed

Just done, w/4 passes, timed on my iPhone, 17:07.2, fully dressed to bathrobe. Irisch Moos and a Slim w/Wilkinson Sword, Masters Bay Rum.

Last edited:
I live in a desert. I wish I could leave water running for 17:07.2. minutes. Talk about luxury!

If I used any more than a gallon of water for my daily tub and shave I would be run out of town.

keeping an electric shaver plugged in while shaving is better in most electrics. Norelco, Braun, Remington, or Panasonic. Takes me 1-2 minutes. No prep needed. Before I knew that they still make double edge blades, some quick hot water splash, Gillette Foamy,a fresh Fusion or Sensor blade, or better yet a Shick Quattro with the wires over the blades, going WTG and AXG, wash, pad dry, apply after shave, all in 2-3 minutes, bada bing, bada boom.

Modest rush -- cut passes down. I can do OK with a single pass, just not preferred.

Major rush -- use the Braun electric. I actually get a reasonable shave from it, just not quite as good.

Woking in the corporate world does not allow the luxury of skipping a shave, so when pressed for time I rush my shower and only go with a one pass WTG and maybe some touch up. It only takes a few minutes to complete a lather and one pass.... I usually just let my brush soak with hot water dripping over it while i hop in the shower. Then it's ready to go and I am on my way.

However, as much as getting myself out of bed sucks........ I try to allow for enough time to shower, shave and eat in the mornings. SWMBO is generally still in the bed and this is my peacfull time before the day starts sucking hard!

I just don't shave... I could probably go 6-7 days at a time without shaving with out anyone saying boo about it. However I can't grow any decent facial hair. Neither can my dad. It sucks.

Just forget the shave altogether. Instead, just wear a black T-shirt with your most expensive suit, a pair of dark sunglasses (preferably INdoors), and then pretend you're a trend-setting movie star!

Top Bottom