What's new

Shaving in a hurry routine , what's yours ??

What's yours ?
Sometimes I dont get the luxury of a good 30 minutes to relax and get my smooth on . From running late to get to somewhere ,or a quick emergency shave to look nice and smooth .We all have these scenarios down the line .Recently I have had a few, and come up with a quick and easy no frills routine that so far has proven very effective .
Step 1 : Rush to the bathroom
Step 2 : Wet my face with hot water and apply shaving oil ( prep )
Step 3 : Massage in some Ingrams brushless menthol shaving cream ( no need to lather up the cup )
Step 4 : Shave WTG & XTG
Step 5 : Apply Nivea AS balm
Step 6 : Splash on some Pino
Job done in under 5 minutes ,so far it has worked a treat when in a hurry .
Usually i like a good 20 - 30 minutes with full prep, proraso pre , lathery santa face , 3 passes and something nice smelling to finish .

So if you have an Express / Emergency shaving routine feel free to share :001_smile

I'm virtually never in that much of a hurry.

However, if I found I only had 4 minutes, I would do the following:

Splash water on face.
Apply KMF or Nancy Boy shaving cream by hand (brushless).
One pass with a Trac II or an Atra.
Touch-up as needed.
Aftershave balm.

Good to go.

Being retired I always make sure I have enough time to not have to rush through a shave. There have been a couple of times when I was a bit rushed, but still time enough to not have to really rush through it.

Gillette Foamy with my Fatboy set to 9 is what I use when in a hurry. Heck I use that same combination even when Im not in a hurry.

I might have to skip a shower, but I'd never skip a proper shave ;-). I only have shaving soap and a brush. There is no substitute. Shaving with a Mach3 takes me about the same amount of time as using a DE. So, if I'm in a hurry, I just shave faster with the same equipment.

When I am in a hurry, I grab the Proraso, squirt it right into the brush and face lather. I also do a single pass with quick touch-up. Cuts time in half, I would say, and produces nice results.

wet face
arko stick badger brush
three passes
wash with water
arko cologne
arko moisturiser
after shave
4 to 5 mins if Im not blabbing on a video for the BiG Shave

Last edited by a moderator:
I like and prefer wet shaving but I'm not against using an electric. Matter of fact, I regularly use it to touch up spots on my neck under my jaw. I figure I'm getting the best of each system that way. But if I'm late, I'll grab the Norelco and do it on the way. I tried lathering and wet shaving in my vehicle but it was...messy.

I'm a Night Shaver so I'm never rushed, but I do have some wrist problems that sometimes prevent me from doing anything, including Building a Shaving Lather.

for those times I do a Single Pass & Touch-up "E" or "G" Injector Shave, my Cream of Choice is Debs Delights; http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...ebs-delights-all-natural-shaving-cream&cat=41 It's a Latheless/Brushless Cream and is slicker than any other Cream I've found including Creamo, which I've enjoyed in the past. This Cream doesn't need a second application and leaves my Face feeling like Silk, at the risk of being banished, if I didn't own and love my 10 Brushes I would be happy using this everyday. I've just ordered an 8oz jar of Basil & Herb, a very refreshing scent and Desert Sage, these were $24.50 including Shipping, the jar would last at least 7 months based on the amount needed to shave. One jar is for a co-worker who had a bad complexion from canned goo and poor Shaving Technique, his complexion has improved and he's been converted.

Last edited:
That happened to me today.

So what I first did was wake up and called my supervisor she was out of office so I called her supervisor. I then rushed to get my razor and brush from ontop of my fridge and grabbed my KMF. I still bowl lather as I was already late so mine as well savior some comforts. Fatboy already had a blade in it so I used that one. I ended up doing two passes I was pretty content with being in a rush. Splashed on some Superior 70.

Ended up leaving the top open on my Superior 70 Bay rum. At $3 for a large bottle, my room smelt amazing when I went home for lunch. Sure beats paying $3 for reeds and a few more dollar for a small bottle of oil.

I revert back to the Mach 3 when pressed for time. I can whip up a fast lather with Prorasso cream and with a few swipes on the Glycerine Soap Bar before-hand.

Top Bottom