What's new

Shaving gear shop in NYC

Off to New York for a short getaway soon. I figure there has to be a good shave shop / emporium somewhere so I can pick up some of the artisan soaps and aftershaves etc that cost a fortune on import. Anyone know where it is?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There is no decision to be made: Pasteur Pharmacy in midtown Manhattan. By far the best shaving shop I have ever seen, anywhere in the world, ever. Enjoy your trip.

Attachments

• P1040760.JPG
    P1040760.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Best place I know of is Pasteur Pharmacy 53 E. 34th Street. He's got a branch uptown on Lexington Ave (806 Lexington Ave), but I think (I'm not sure because I've only been to the 34th street address) the 34th street branch is the largest. If you do a search on B&B for Pasteur Pharmacy, you'll find a lot of info -- but they carry a LARGE collection of artisan soaps, brushes and even DE razors and blades....you will want to go there and you will want to carve out some significant time to spend there. Prices are reasonable and you'll be able to see and smell-test all of those soaps you see on this forum and have to buy blind (i.e., if you live some place like me that has nothing like it).

And I see Richard (@EclipseRedRing) has beaten me to the "reply" button.

Safe travels,
Fred

Thanks all - that's a pretty clear recommendation!

Will plan some time and budget accordingly. And send SWMBO to Tiffany's or something...

It's a small narrow store but has a mind boggling huuuuuuuuuuge selection of shaving gear. It's closed on Sundays, so keep that in mind when planning. You can easily spend over an hour or 2 just looking and sniffing stuff

I’ll add my endorsement for Pasteur’s. There are two of them. If possible, go to the one on 34th street. It has more than the other store on Lexington ave.

I’ve never seen a place like it. Period

Top Bottom