What's new

Shaving foam and brush. Impressed.

Sodium metasilicate is the only thing I would care about avoiding, but since it isn't dry I wouldn't be inhaling it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Do you drink soda? Do you breathe when you are in a city or do you hold your breath? Have you looked at the ingredients of your toothpaste, condiments, shampoo, etc? Do you use Tupperware for food storage?

Hopefully all that time spent label reading is enough to keep one a step behind a bus or an asteroid or to be late for a plane that crashes.

Danger is all around us at all times, sometimes we need to just live life.

No, I don't drink soda. And yes, I read ingredients.

I agree that danger is all around us and "sometimes" we need to just live life. But Sometimes we need to make intelligent choices about what we ingest and what we put on our skin.

Shaving soap is easy: it doesn't move, so you can read slowly without worrying about that bus.:001_unsur

No, I don't drink soda. And yes, I read ingredients.

I agree that danger is all around us and "sometimes" we need to just live life. But Sometimes we need to make intelligent choices about what we ingest and what we put on our skin.

Shaving soap is easy: it doesn't move, so you can read slowly without worrying about that bus.:001_unsur

Haha well said. I do agree that while anything could happen at any time we should still atleast make an attempt to keep ourselves safe in the process.

Do you drink soda? Do you breathe when you are in a city or do you hold your breath? Have you looked at the ingredients of your toothpaste, condiments, shampoo, etc? Do you use Tupperware for food storage?

Hopefully all that time spent label reading is enough to keep one a step behind a bus or an asteroid or to be late for a plane that crashes.

Danger is all around us at all times, sometimes we need to just live life.
You said a mouthful and what you said was noble. I don't think shaving foam has killed anyone or made them sick that I know of.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
You said a mouthful and what you said was noble. I don't think shaving foam has killed anyone or made them sick that I know of.

This isn't really my area - I'm a music teacher. But I assume the reason they removed parabens from so many shaving products was the fact that they found them in breast cancer tumors.

While I don't go crazy about ingredients, one of the reasons I like MdC is the short list of ingredients. But I have to admit that if it didn't work well I wouldn't use it.

This isn't really my area - I'm a music teacher. But I assume the reason they removed parabens from so many shaving products was the fact that they found them in breast cancer tumors.

While I don't go crazy about ingredients, one of the reasons I like MdC is the short list of ingredients. But I have to admit that if it didn't work well I wouldn't use it.
Thank you for your reply. I use can foam at least once a week and rest of the time soaps. I don't go crazy either with ingredients just results. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Frank M.

I like gillette foamy and this new foam I'm using with my cartridge at the moment. What is bugging me is how much waste one can produces. They even put butan and propane in cans. I understand that this is just a fraction of how much I pollute with my petrol car when I'm travelling.

I like gillette foamy and this new foam I'm using with my cartridge at the moment. What is bugging me is how much waste one can produces. They even put butan and propane in cans. I understand that this is just a fraction of how much I pollute with my petrol car when I'm travelling.

I also hate the sizing of packing to go along with the whole "buy with your eyes" business model. I understand that even though they list the actual contents they still use larger containers for packaging then needed in an attempt to draw customers in and give the appearance of "getting more" however I personally am fine with the quantity I receive for the dollar or two I spend but would love a smaller housing. Less waste and less space.

I also hate the sizing of packing to go along with the whole "buy with your eyes" business model. I understand that even though they list the actual contents they still use larger containers for packaging then needed in an attempt to draw customers in and give the appearance of "getting more" however I personally am fine with the quantity I receive for the dollar or two I spend but would love a smaller housing. Less waste and less space.
I'm a student and my faculty is in another city, so few times I bought small can of Gillette's gel just for travel. I got 2 weeks of shaving with it, while I get 2-3 months of big foam can. They know their business quite well.

Lousy barber, if I'm going to a barbershop I want a 1st class shave. I stopped using canned foam years ago let alone paying for someone so lazy he can't build his own lather.

Lousy barber, if I'm going to a barbershop I want a 1st class shave. I stopped using canned foam years ago let alone paying for someone so lazy he can't build his own lather.

It may be a health/sanitation issue, not a "lazy" barber. The area of the US I live in it is against code/illegal for a barber to use a brush to apply lather so they are forced to use a hot lather machine, latherless cream/oil, or have you bring your own brush and soap for them to use. It's not "lazy" it's the law.

Top Bottom