What's new

Shaving factory shaving soap.........anyone know anything about it or have an opinion on it

So I was cruising the deep bowels of the internet and came across a brand of shaving soap called Shave Factory, I have never heard of it and or seen it available near me and or at any store, however the ingredient list looks good, and there is no information really out there on it, I was hoping someone here would have information on it, and or be able to give a review.

1641169965933.png

So I was cruising the deep bowels of the internet and came across a brand of shaving soap called Shave Factory, I have never heard of it and or seen it available near me and or at any store, however the ingredient list looks good, and there is no information really out there on it, I was hoping someone here would have information on it, and or be able to give a review.
There's a one thread, here on B&B, with a short review: Shaving Factory Shave Soap?

interesting, I did read the review from 2014, but I was looking and hoping for something more recent.....however those who beg can't be choosy.

I appreciate the help, hopefully some more members here take the chance on this stuff and or post up some reviews of it etc.

I must confess that although the Shaving Factory Soap has the same ingredients as Derby soap Its nowhere close to Derby soap. :w00t:
I will not buy anymore of TSF soap for sure.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I must confess that although the Shaving Factory Soap has the same ingredients as Derby soap Its nowhere close to Derby soap. :w00t:
Thanks for your thoughts on Derby. I've had some in my cart for so long on that store by the 'bay that I believe the price has doubled!

The one difference between these two is the addition of mineral oil to The Shaving Factory soap. Seems like a weird thing to put in a soap because mineral oil is actually a de-foaming agent (i.e. it kills foam density). Also, since it doesn't react with lye, it can't saponify.

So, it's no wonder that TSF doesn't perform well.

The only thing that makes sense is if they added mineral oil to the mould before putting the soap in it to make it easier to release. If that's the case, then maybe the soap will perform better after a few uses, as the mineral oil on the outside of the soap is washed away.

However, if the mineral oil is actually mixed through the soap, then probably nothing will help it.

Was that in the 2014 stuff or did the formula change?

Perhaps one of the members from the old thread might know. The fellow who left the review (@TheGRman) hasn't been around in almost 8 years, but the others (@Ragtime and @SmoovD) have visited within the last few weeks.

Hopefully, they will chime in.

I suppose that the other option would be to send an e-mail to The Shave Factory.

Top Bottom