What's new

shaving every second day

When you have a close shave and you dont have a heavy growth, would any of you guys not shave next day. Sometimes i find if i have a really close shave it takes two days for my beard to stick out of my skin. And usually i get a better shave beacuase of this.
What do you guys think of this?

If I get an exceptional shave one day, and the stars align and I don't eat my Wheaties or whatever the reason, I sometimes do not need to shave the next day as I am still very passably smooth. Sometimes, when the stars don't align and I do eat my Wheaties, I do shave the next day after an exceptional shave the day before. I don't think it matters - do what makes you feel good. :biggrin:

Dennis

Doesn't matter to me. Sometimes I may go 3 days without shaving. I'm in graduate school...no pressure to always be shaven. I only started wetshaving 2 years ago to get a better irritation free shave, not to get addicted. Although, don't get me wrong, I am addicted:biggrin: I just don't see a need for me to be clean shaven all the time. I'm sure that when I graduate in a few months, I'll be shaving everyday just like the rest of you:wink: .

I had a beard from college graduation till about 5 years ago--I'm 48 (ouch--it hurts to type that!)--then kept a goatee from 1998 till a few months ago, when I began to enjoy shaving so much I NEEDED more real estate on my face to shave! How sick is that?

I'll probably go back to the goatee at some point--my wife likes it--but am getting just a touch obsessive about having a smooth face. Just now I went back upstairs to re-shave a spot or 2 that I missed--yikes!

This is all to say that I probably should skip a day on the weekend, but often shave all 7 days as I enjoy my leisurely weekend shaves even more than during the week.

I rarely miss a shave; I have a very thick and fast-growing beard. Yesterday I was traveling all day and with my various flight delays, etc. I didn't get to shave. When the next morning I looked at my beard and saw how gray it was, I remembered the other reason I shave daily....

Aky007 said:
When you have a close shave and you dont have a heavy growth, would any of you guys not shave next day. Sometimes i find if i have a really close shave it takes two days for my beard to stick out of my skin. And usually i get a better shave beacuase of this.

Ditto I have this exact same problem ! for me its better to skip one day as then the 3rd day the beard has penetrated thru the skin and I have a better base/grip for the razor to shave off the hair. I like shaving though so id rather do it every day sofar I get better results by skipping a day.also I never shave at the same time in the mornings so that too makes it though on the beard I never have the same time for shaving.. this is getting to be ridicilous every guy on TV I check automatically how he is shaven or shaves.... I see ministers, lawyers ,men with high position or important jobs..airing on tv and they have no clue about their face.. I used to look like a Neanderthaler atleast twice a week. meaning yes id only shave twice a week when it would get out of hand if I could get away with it id only shave once that much I hated shaving. now im 180 degree's I cant stand hair on the face anymore but I wouldnt go sofar as to get it lasered and have all the facial hair removed so Id never need to shave...

I usually shave every day, occasionally I leave it for up to 5 days though. I enjoy the satisfaction of removing large amounts of hair with the first pass. It also allows your skin to rest which is nice.

Aky007 said:

Yep the same for me. My M2 razor smooths my skin like wimens titts if i save my beard for two days.

I rarely go more than one day without shaving, partly because I find it sooo much easier to shave if I don't have multiple days of growth.

I work a rotating shift, sometimes 3 or 4 nights, switching to 3 or 4 days 1 1/2days later. When I make a transition from nights to days, I usually don't shave for roughly 1 1/2 to 2 days.

Occasionally when I get a GREAT shave I don't feel any stubble after 24 hours, so I don't shave the next day either because there's nothing to shave.

the only days i dont shave on are monday and wednesday. However, if a need arises, i then do a 2 pass shave with my HD.

normally, after a 3 pass shave with my adjustables, my skin is still smooth for at least 16 hours after b4 the stubble starts kicking in.

Marty

I say do what works best for you. Personally I shave twice a day seven days a week. I use a DE in the am and a straight razor in the pm. The only time I've strayed from this is during bow season. But I believe that has changed since many of my bowstands are in conifer trees this year I'll be able to use MB's Christmas Forest as it literally smells like a pine plantation - incredible. Never thought I'd use a shaving cream as a cover scent. :w00t:

I used to skip once a week. Thought it was good for the skin.

Now-actually, I think for me its best to shave daily. There is that great satisfaction of that day two shave and seeing the huge difference still for me then there will be a subtle irritation later in the day if I shave after a skip day or two.

When I skip a day or more, the next day I have to be extra special careful. Lots and lots of hot water, pre-shave, lather carefully, new blade, gentle strokes, thoroghly relather--before any second strokes and after shave balm.

MJB (aka Marc)

Aky007 said:

The ironic thing is that, when I shaved with electric or Machs, I had to shave daily and hated it. Now, I can get away with shaving every other day, but prefer to shave every day with my DE. I also like to remove several days worth of growth on Monday mornings.

Top Bottom