What's new

Shaving every day,

Well, I shave every day because I enjoy it and I look better clean shaven. When you get older those pesky grey hairs show more and more and it looks terrible. I also use the weekend to experiment with creams, shaving brushes, razors and blades. Each to his own!

Well, I shave every day because I enjoy it and I look better clean shaven. When you get older those pesky grey hairs show more and more and it looks terrible. I also use the weekend to experiment with creams, shaving brushes, razors and blades. Each to his own!

+1

I have also noticed that as my technique improves I am able to shave everyday without as much irritation. I have had some days where I am applying lotion to my face multiple times a day to help with razor burn etc. I hope that this is reduced to a minimum as my technique gets better and better...

I use Alum every time I finish my shave, First was my face with cold water then rub slowly the Alum block all over, they after my face id dry I slap on some witch Hazel, after that's dry some After shave and when that is dry, a little light E45 cream

I have been a bit of a slacker this year, I have four days so far where I didn't shave - I shave daily and can't feel any difference to the days where I have two days growth.
A good prep and just as important in my opinion; a good post shave treatment will keep your skin in good condition and irritation free.

And I keep my use of alum to a minimum as it irritates my skin.

I shave Sunday through Friday, right after a shower and use an alum block every day. I use a splash or balm depending on my mood. My experience is some you blade/razor combo make a difference. I can use RazorA(have no clue what it is) with a Wilkenson, Astra, or Dorco with no problem. All week, no irritation. I use RazorB(Gillette SS flare tip) and the Wilkensons give me more irritation as the week goes on, but Astras and Dorcos rarely cause any irritation. Also, the only way I can use a Feather is with 2 days growth. Otherwise, there is to much irritation, no matter what razor I use.

I look forward to shaving so much that I can't wait an extra day! :) I noticed that when I cut down from 3 passes (WTG, XTG, XTG) to 2 passes (WTG, XTG at an angle S to N), shaving every day was much more comfortable and I still got excellent results.

Prior to DE shaving... I shaved every day when I used a cartridge razor. Since I started DE shaving... I get super close BBS face and dome shaves that I stay smoother longer. Thus I shave every other day.
I'm the opposite. I dreaded shaving with carts so much--pulled like hell--that I often didn't. Maybe three times a week. In my six weeks of DE shaving, I actually look forward to it and shave pretty much every day. Irritation is rarely an issue, and my wife loves the BBS face!

I shave every other day normally but some times even every third and can get a great shave either way. I don't dare try to shave every day or I'll be in some serious pain with most of the skin missing off of my neck.

Personal thing, absolutely. I shave every day. 1 pass ATG, no less. Any aftershave I apply isn't for irritation, but for moisturization and scent.

I shave every third day and by then I am so eagerly looking forward to using my shaving brush, my razor.....deciding which cream or soap to use in my head. It gets very exciting :) I love to take my time with the shaves and if I do have time I go for a third pass (all three passes are WTG). I get amazing results!
Alum is a necessity for me, I feel it's doing great things to my skin. Aftershave balm mixed with unrefined shea butter follows the alum.

i used to shave everyday with a schick quattro and hated it, now i'd like to shave everyday but can't, not enough growth
my de shaves to dang close

Top Bottom