What's new

Shaving Dream Analysis

Last night, for the second time in recent nights, I dreamt that the bristles in my shaving brush fell out in clumps, leaving an empty socket and a plug of glue. Since it distressed me greatly, I suppose it qualifies as a nightmare. If you told me several years ago, before I started shaving like this that I'd be having nightmares about shaving that didn't involve blood and razors, but a shedding shaving brush, I wouldn't have believed it. Anyway, I'm just assuming that the brush had to do with my fears of going bald.

Anybody else have shaving dreams and nightmares, or should I call the looney bin?

I once dreamt that I was in a hotel gift shop and they had an entire display of vintage Gillettes that hadn't sold. For some reason, there was a limit on what I could buy, so there was some distress.

I had a dream a few days ago I got a weeper (though I've never had one) running where the top of my ear meets my head. I pulled my ear back and it opened up with my ear pulling away from my head a good bit. That was weird.

I once dreamed that I ran out of the house late for work and ended up in front of my 1st period class with a face-full of lather, a freshly stropped straight razor, and no clothing. I think that's more one of those "naked at work in a bad way" dreams rather than a shaving dream, though.

If you call the looney bin, tell them they might want to swing by my place on the way over and save a trip.

Last edited:
I once dreamed that I ran out of the house late for work and ended up in front of my 1st period class with a face-full of lather, a freshly stropped straight razor, and no clothing. I think that's more one of those "naked at work in a bad way" dreams rather than a shaving dream, though.

If you call the looney bin, tell them they might want to swing by my place on the over and save a trip.

Throw in a six pack and that sounds like the last B&B Secret Squirrel meeting.

One of my dreams I bought several Filarmonica razors for cheap. One was a Sub-Cero and another was a Doble Temple 14... I was absolutely crushed when I woke up realising it was just a dream.

Dream symbolism... I often dream that my teeth are falling out and I know that represents death. Maybe the balding shave brush is a lesser form of the same imagery. Sorry to be morbid.

nrv216

I'd say it is due to our common fear of aging and losing our virility...

Possibly.

Dreams are typically symbolic, and if taken literally are completely off the mark. The deeper concerns manifest themselves through the more familiar, or, more recent obsessions/interests.

And sometimes dreams are just that... meaningless dreams and fantasies.

I had a dream a few days ago I got a weeper (though I've never had one) running where the top of my ear meets my head. I pulled my ear back and it opened up with my ear pulling away from my head a good bit. That was weird.
I wonder if Vincent Van Gogh cut his ear off with a straight.

Cernel:

Since I'm old and already "balding" my guess is that the Shaving Gods want you to buy more brushes just in case your dream comes true. :lol:

Enjoy your shaves AND your new brushes.

Don
Junior Varsity member of B&B's Enabler Team

Dream symbolism... I often dream that my teeth are falling out and I know that represents death. Maybe the balding shave brush is a lesser form of the same imagery. Sorry to be morbid.

I could've sworn I read somewhere that teeth falling out had to do with feeling powerless or having anxiety about getting older. Primeval brain memory stuff (an animal with no teeth can't defend itself or loses its place in the pack). Other types of tooth dreams have other meanings, ranging from covering up a lie to being forced to do something you really don't want to do.

With one semester of psych 101 taken 20 years ago, I'm going to take an authoritative stand that hair falling off the brush is either a subconsciously expressed fear of losing your virility or an indication that your subconscious mind is processing subtle clues that your current shaving brush is about to bite it and you need to go buy a new custom brush ASAP--for your own psychological well being.

My first week DE shaving I was constantly dreaming of morning when I could shave and the anticipation, I kept thinking of shaving hardware and brands. It felt like being a little kiddie on Christmas eve!

I did not have any trouble waking up before the alarm that week! Oddly enough I dont sleep in anymore because I love to shave in the morning!!!!

I could've sworn I read somewhere that teeth falling out had to do with feeling powerless or having anxiety about getting older. Primeval brain memory stuff (an animal with no teeth can't defend itself or loses its place in the pack). Other types of tooth dreams have other meanings, ranging from covering up a lie to being forced to do something you really don't want to do.

With one semester of psych 101 taken 20 years ago, I'm going to take an authoritative stand that hair falling off the brush is either a subconsciously expressed fear of losing your virility or an indication that your subconscious mind is processing subtle clues that your current shaving brush is about to bite it and you need to go buy a new custom brush ASAP--for your own psychological well being.

Could be true considering half the time my teeth are falling out and I can't figure out how to rack the slide on my glock!

nrv216

Top Bottom