What's new

Shaving, cycles?

I can't really think of anything else to call it. I'll go a week having great shaves, then outta no where - weepers and razor burn. I can't think of anything I changed, maybe just too complacent and rushed, blade angle, I dunno. Then, great shaves again.

I use the same razor and blade combo, but switch up my creams.

Do any of you go through good and bad shaving cycles?

I do from time to time. It typically means that I need to slow down, shorten my strokes and concentrate on letting the razor work for me.

I'm in a slump right now. Trouble started last week when I tried to introduce a 55 Red Tip into the rotation. Then I got over aggressive when I went back to my 47 Superspeed, which generally gives a great shave.

I'll give it another day or so and let my whiskers grow then proceed with caution.

Yep, happened to me this week. I posted a link over in the newbie section yesterday, thread is here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102775

Hope you get some good advice from it. I found that slowing it down, monitoring pressure worked, and lastly checking the fastener on my razor. I went home yesterday and realized it had come loose and the blade was jumping around. :mad2:

You say that you "switch up my creams." There's your variable. Try using a cream for two weeks and see how it goes. And concentrate on proper lathering with whatever cream you use.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I seem to have a string of 3 or 4 awesome shaves followed by 3 or 4 really bad one. Probably getting a little to confident for my own good, end up going too fast, burn my neck a few times, and end up slowing myself down.

I always say to myself that If I can't contribute 30minutes for a shave that day, then I won't shave at all...Unless I really do have to shave, I'll pull out my Braun electric shaver.

With the whole prep and process of it all, to get a great shave that you yearn for, make sure you put in the time. If you rush, then you will notice it in the results. Especially if you are just starting out. Maybe down the road, as you get better and your technique matches your passion, then you can shave a little faster, but for now...enjoy the moment.

Top Bottom