What's new

Shaving creams/soaps similar to Acqua di Parma?

There are many, for instance:
  • Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus hard soap
  • Stirling Piacenza soft soap
  • Razorock XXX soft soap
  • Razorock Gold Label hard soap
  • Asylum Shave Works Colonia Shaving Soap by Saponificio Varesino hard soap

There are many, for instance:
  • Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus hard soap
  • Stirling Piacenza soft soap
  • Razorock XXX soft soap
  • Razorock Gold Label hard soap
  • Asylum Shave Works Colonia Shaving Soap by Saponificio Varesino hard soap
Thanks!

Welcome to B&B, Sir Wangophan!
You show good taste!
AdP has a cologne/citrus scent.
While not identical, you might try Alvarez Gomez or Trumper's GFT; both are a bit more citrusy but nice.

like adp.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Pretty good info here! You might consider Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Shaving cream. It’s a colonia type of scent, but has a litte bit of a deeper note, maybe vetiver or musk?

Steve56

Arlington is similar only in that it’s a sweet citrus - you’d never mistake it for AdP Colonia. Windsor is a Terre d’Hermes type, deep orange, not a colonia. Neither were intended to be AdP Colonia substitutes.

None of the options are as good as the latest yellow-tub AdP cream. They don’t perform as well or smell as good (if you’re wanting AdP Colonia). Save your money up and get a tub from Gifts and Care, they have the best prices when they have it in stock. It’s also really concentrated so that helps with the wallet hurt.

If you can’t swing that, the best alternatives are Stirling Piacenza or RazoRock XXX. Both of these are intended to be AdP Colonia substitutes, and the RR XXX balm is very good.

I’ve tried many and you will not find anything that smells and performs exactly the same as the current yellow tub version, though you can get close. But they’re not the same.

70C33A51-0C84-4BEF-8CFE-4113CEE7BE85.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for your informative reply.

Is DR. Harris Arlington or Windsor similar?

maybe arlington, which is like a lemon drop with fruit and flowers!
windsor is more leathery.

you might just have to do some sampling until you find what you like!

or, make life easy and just by the AdP shave cream! I saw it on Amazon among others.

proxy.php

Another possibility is to use a soap with very mild scent and then use an aftershave with the AdP scent. Scent from soaps does not usually linger very long.

Steve56

Just a note, the brown tub AdP Collezione Barbiere is NOT the Colonia scent. It’s a very pleasant light aquatic that at least I could shave with every day. But it really isn’t even a cologne scent.

As far as XPEC original goes, get a sample first, lol.

But @sarimento1 brings up another option, get the AdP Colonia EdT etc and use it to scent unscented XPEC. That’s a decent option.

Last edited:
Just a note, the brown tub AdP Collezione Barbiere is NOT the Colonia scent. It’s a very pleasant light aquatic that at least I could shave with every day. But it really isn’t even a cologne scent.

Indeed, my brown tub of AdP says it's "Colonia", FWIW.

colonia.jpg

Definitely the Asylum Shaveworks Colonia previously mentioned. It not only is a dead ringer for the AdP Colonia Cologne, but is a tremendous performer too (created by SV with their Beta 4.3 formula).

Top Bottom