What's new

Shaving cream or soap that smells like Barbasol

So I like the smell of the original Barbasol but to be honest, it kinda sucks performance wise. Anyone know of a cream or soap that smells like the Original Barbasol that comes in the can? Or maybe an aftershave that's similar?

Welcome to B&B, Sir Texas!!

You might enjoy just about any barbershop-scented shave cream!

TOBS Mr Taylor or Speick, perhaps! Yet, there are many more!!

Explore and enjoy the search!!

barbershop creams.jpg

Just use Barbasol because it smells like Barbasol. Haha. Try adding more water to the lather. I get great shaves from Barbasol.

I bought a can of Barbasol the other day because it was on sale for a measly buck. It smells like cheap carpet cleaner to me. I have not encountered any shave soaps or creams that smell like this, sorry.

I'm having trouble with this one, too... I haven't run across a product that smells similar. I like the suggestion to try to find a barbershop scented soap. Does one of the Fine soaps qualify?

I'm having trouble with this one, too... I haven't run across a product that smells similar. I like the suggestion to try to find a barbershop scented soap. Does one of the Fine soaps qualify?
Fine has a soap called American Blend which smells like YSL Rive Gauche which is a fine barbershop scent but Barbasol has a unique scent which I can't seem to find a replica of.

PAA CaD was a clone of Barbasol shaving cream, same scent, even had Barbasol themed packaging. Allegedly Barbasol's lawyers reacted for copyright infringement, so eventually the name was changed to CaD (Cease and Desist). The soap label has Eric Hodges siting in a boat in the desert, standing his ground.

This is what Hodges claims. However, most think CaD is just a YSL Rive Gauche dupe.

PAA CaD was a clone of Barbasol shaving cream, same scent, even had Barbasol themed packaging. Allegedly Barbasol's lawyers reacted for copyright infringement, so eventually the name was changed to CaD (Cease and Desist). The soap label has Eric Hodges siting in a boat in the desert, standing his ground.

This is what Hodges claims. However, most think CaD is just a YSL Rive Gauche dupe.
I'm going to have to pick this up. The description seems to hint at Barbasol to be the canned cream that your father hands to you.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
More BS from MERShaving is a really close scent ,very pleasant and very good soap.
Can be found on Etsy

To my nose, Barbasol Original smells a lot like my 2006 Version of Truefitt & Hill's Luxury Shaving Soap (don't know how it smells today).

Top Bottom