What's new

Shaving Cream of the Month Discussion: JuLime

As JuLIME is nearly over, I was thinking about the different lime shaving creams folks have reported using. In my mind, I was thinking Castle Forbes and Godrej were reported a lot more than any others. But I just did a quick review, and was surprised to see that Castle Forbes and Trumpers were reported used 5 or 6 times each, and other creams were pretty equally reported used 1 or 2 times each. The rest of the lime shaving creams used includes:

T&H
QED
KMF
J.M. Fraser
Indian Old Spice
Czars Choice
Godrej
TOBS
Vulfix
C.R. Salter
and one I thought particularly creative: Proraso, injected with Lime oil :thumbup1:

Quite the variety. There's still a couple of days left if anyone wants to use and report on any lime shaving creams that may be missing.

Since this is the end of Julime, I thought I'd add a few notes. Then I came across Jake's synopsis: Thanks Jake!

To which I will add these notes: The Proraso and lime oil were one -particularly- good experience. I like the fact that Proraso is 'bracing' at the end, with a splash of water. But I have since had other lime oil experiences. I tried it with Palmolive Lather shave cream (which I have always found particularly slick) and it worked out quite brilliantly. It's hard to find the Palmolive -but it's inexpensive. And, now, with the lime oil, it's got a nice scent. I then tried Nivea 'for men' shave cream (an older version in tin tube) and it, too, was a great success. Lastly I tried it with a soap -not a cream- with two drops atop some Caswell Massey sandalwood. Interesting mix and I liked it; but perhaps not for everyone. Still, it lathered in very well.

I should mention that I have a tub of Tayor of Old Bond Street Lime that I like very much. And I have had Truefitt & Hill & Trumpers. But neither of them beat my concoction! -in my humble opinion. I like that this is a natural lime and that I can add as much as I like (usually just one or two drops). Unlike Darjeeling, I haven't found mine to be 'one off' -so I suggest trying a few.

That lime oil is great stuff! I think I may try it in some liquid shower gel, too.

Cheers gentlemen!

and one I thought particularly creative: Proraso, injected with Lime oil :thumbup1:

What a great idea, I mix lime EO into my OS, why not Proraso? I think I will give this a go tonight. It's still JuLime, but rushing in with heated breath is MentholGust. So a bit of lime, a bit of menthol, sounds like a winner!

-jim

Me.

The other day I invested in a big tub of Cyril R Salter Essential Lime cream and I am loving it. When I get home I am going to treat myself to a shave with it.:thumbup1:

Cool, be sure to post your thoughts and a review (once you have a few shaves with it). :thumbup1:

As JuLIME is nearly over, I was thinking about the different lime shaving creams folks have reported using. In my mind, I was thinking Castle Forbes and Godrej were reported a lot more than any others. But I just did a quick review, and was surprised to see that Castle Forbes and Trumpers were reported used 5 or 6 times each, and other creams were pretty equally reported used 1 or 2 times each. The rest of the lime shaving creams used includes:

T&H
QED
KMF
J.M. Fraser
Indian Old Spice
Czars Choice
Godrej
TOBS
Vulfix
C.R. Salter

Quite the variety. There's still a couple of days left if anyone wants to use and report on any lime shaving creams that may be missing.

Nice summary! :thumbup1:

Just had a shave with the Cyril R Salter Essential Lime and I can only say that it is subLIME.:biggrin1:

:thumbup1:

Well, I know Julime is over, but I just got my Vulfix Sicilian lime in the mail yesterday, and all I can say is that I LOVE this stuff! Better late than never!

Top Bottom