What's new

Shaving Cream of the Month Discussion: JuLime

PhiloLaw (Mike) - outstanding entry on the essence of lime oil. I have sampled some the essential lime oils and found their fragrances a bit "off". I am delighted you had a good experience with that brand. I will be on the look out, and - WELCOME! to B&B, home of the most devoted lime lovers on the planet.

I have sampled some the essential lime oils and found their fragrances a bit "off".
-DJE

Hi All!

Thanks for the encouragement.

DJE, Here's how it happened for me: I went into the local health food shop, where they had two different brands of essential lime oil; both as small vials. Each had a 'tester' at the front of the vial dispenser. So that allowed me to try each. I found, however, that the smell was even better once it was mixed in the cream; which seemed to allow it to release the lime bouquet.

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
Has anyone here used this cream? I've not seen many reviews of it anywhere.

Welcome to B&B! There are several reviews of TOBS Lemon Lime Here.

.....I went into the local health food shop, where they had two different brands of essential lime oil; both as small vials. Each had a 'tester' at the front of the vial dispenser. So that allowed me to try each. I found, however, that the smell was even better once it was mixed in the cream; which seemed to allow it to release the lime bouquet.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for sharing, Mike. The Whole Foods store in Houston has the same set-up - essential oils with test vials. They have quite a few different oils, but I'm not sure if they have lime oil. Guess I need to make a Whole Foods run! :thumbup1:

I had my first taste of Castle Forbes Lime!!!.. Wow, just WOW, what a magnificent performing and scented cream.... Looks like Trumpers coconut has been bumped off the pedestal!

I had my first taste of Castle Forbes Lime!!!.. Wow, just WOW, what a magnificent performing and scented cream.... Looks like Trumpers coconut has been bumped off the pedestal!

I know I said this before, but I think CF Limes produces one of the best lathers of any cream I've tried. Some creams just stand out noticeably when you first try them. :thumbup1:

Castle Forbes with Royall Lyme and CF Lime Balm. Yum-O.

A shout out for the Vulfix Lime, since it didn't seem to make the list above. Fluffy, creamy, rich, green. I am not a fan of the soapy WIL-types (C&E, T&H, Trumper's), but of those the Vulfix is the clear winner to me. At least scent-wise.

I was just looking at Vulfix lime online today. I've never used Vulfix before. What are others' opinions of this cream, or of this line in general? Input would be appreciated, as this stuff ain't cheap!

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B! There are several reviews of TOBS Lemon Lime Here.

Thanks for sharing, Mike. The Whole Foods store in Houston has the same set-up - essential oils with test vials. They have quite a few different oils, but I'm not sure if they have lime oil. Guess I need to make a Whole Foods run! :thumbup1:
Thanks for that, I've taken the plunge with it. In fact I'm about to go and use it for the first time now!

-DJE

Hi All!

Thanks for the encouragement.

DJE, Here's how it happened for me: I went into the local health food shop, where they had two different brands of essential lime oil; both as small vials. Each had a 'tester' at the front of the vial dispenser. So that allowed me to try each. I found, however, that the smell was even better once it was mixed in the cream; which seemed to allow it to release the lime bouquet.

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome Mike. I see you joined nearly a year ago!?! What took you so long to post? Be sure to check in at the Shave Clinic and Newbie check in as well. :thumbup1:

I was just looking at Vulfix lime online today. I've never used Vulfix before. What are others' opinions of this cream, or of this line in general? Input would be appreciated, as this stuff ain't cheap!

Actually, compared to most English brands it is pretty cheap and a very good value. The cream itself is fluffy and shiny (as opposed to thick and matte) so a little goes a long way, especially if you face-lather. It has the common slightly soap-y scent of most corporate Limes (T&H, GFT, Anglia) but I think is more lime-y. On scent alone I rate it above T&H and GFT. Performance is fine.

Again, this is good value stuff and can be had i n the States for roughly the same as Cyril Salter, i.e. under $20.

Actually, compared to most English brands it is pretty cheap and a very good value. The cream itself is fluffy and shiny (as opposed to thick and matte) so a little goes a long way, especially if you face-lather. It has the common slightly soap-y scent of most corporate Limes (T&H, GFT, Anglia) but I think is more lime-y. On scent alone I rate it above T&H and GFT. Performance is fine.

Again, this is good value stuff and can be had i n the States for roughly the same as Cyril Salter, i.e. under $20.

Great. Thanks!

JuLime is quickly winding down.

So who has tried new Lime products, found a new Lime favorite or has new Lime goodness on order? :001_wub:

So who has tried new Lime products, found a new Lime favorite or has new Lime goodness on order? :001_wub:

I just bought a tube of Godrej lime and I love it. I know JuLime is almost done and we're heading into MentholGust, but secretly, between just you and me, JuLime is anytime. :001_smile

Who hasn't squeezed out a lime and not wiped their hands on their face and neck?

-jim

I just bought a tube of Godrej lime and I love it. I know JuLime is almost done and we're heading into MentholGust, but secretly, between just you and me, JuLime is anytime. :001_smile

Who hasn't squeezed out a lime and not wiped their hands on their face and neck?

-jim

:thumbup1:

Me.

The other day I invested in a big tub of Cyril R Salter Essential Lime cream and I am loving it. When I get home I am going to treat myself to a shave with it.:thumbup1:

As JuLIME is nearly over, I was thinking about the different lime shaving creams folks have reported using. In my mind, I was thinking Castle Forbes and Godrej were reported a lot more than any others. But I just did a quick review, and was surprised to see that Castle Forbes and Trumpers were reported used 5 or 6 times each, and other creams were pretty equally reported used 1 or 2 times each. The rest of the lime shaving creams used includes:

T&H
QED
KMF
J.M. Fraser
Indian Old Spice
Czars Choice
Godrej
TOBS
Vulfix
C.R. Salter
and one I thought particularly creative: Proraso, injected with Lime oil :thumbup1:

Quite the variety. There's still a couple of days left if anyone wants to use and report on any lime shaving creams that may be missing.

Top Bottom