What's new

Shaving Cream of the Month Discussion: JuLime

Used my QED lime this morning and didn't even know about Julime.

Excellent coincidence!

My SOTD:

attachment.php

Okay guys, we're 9 days into JuLIME, and so far we have reported on 8 lime scented shave creams:

Godrej
Trumpers
Truefitt & Hill
Castle Forbes
QED
KMF
J.M. Fraser's
Old Spice Lime

Oh, and TSD Lime SS and AS Splash, Trumpers Lime SF, and C&E WI Limes Cologne :thumbup1:

What are we missing? C.R. Salter? TOBS? Any others?

This morning, on the first of JuLime, I shaved using Castle Forbes Lime Oil shaving cream and then applied Trumpers Lime Skin Food, as a post shave treatment.:thumbup:

Does Trumpers Lime Skin Food have a Lime scent?

I really like the Indian Old Spice Fresh Lime - I did a mini review a few weeks ago...
Old Spice Lime Cream (made in India!) is a wonderful cream producing excellent lather and possessing a deep, natural lime fragrance. Great stuff. In honor of JuLime, I'm pulling it out tomorrow.

It's interesting hearing about Old Spice Lime, a cream I've not seen before.

I also thought we might see lots more pics with lots of GREEN!

Here is a link to Polaar's review of Old Spice Lime Cream

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=O&t=152851

And here are your stupid Pics!

About the cream, Texbilly very generously GAVE me his tube and I was really impressed with the stuff. (Bill's gesture was beyond words.) It has a wonderful, a bit flowery, solid lime fragrance. It lathers very well and slick. Great stuff. I bought one for my friend's birthday for $10 at Pasteur's in Manhattan. Then one of our buddy's on line in an Old Spice thread suggested a search on Ebay. And voila

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Old-Spice-sha...ultDomain_0&hash=item20b1c12d06#ht_1477wt_809

Here is a link to Polaar's review of Old Spice Lime Cream

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=O&t=152851

And here are your stupid Pics!

About the cream, Texbilly very generously GAVE me his tube and I was really impressed with the stuff. (Bill's gesture was beyond words.) It has a wonderful, a bit flowery, solid lime fragrance. It lathers very well and slick. Great stuff. I bought one for my friend's birthday for $10 at Pasteur's in Manhattan. Then one of our buddy's on line in an Old Spice thread suggested a search on Ebay. And voila

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Old-Spice-sha...ultDomain_0&hash=item20b1c12d06#ht_1477wt_809

Nice pics, Joe. Especially the Old Spice Lime sunflowers. Thanks!

My Castle Forbes came in yesterday. I got the travel sized lime cream and aftershave. It has a nice refreshing scent. It didn't feel oily or greasy to me, but a light, slick lather. I felt that it rinsed pretty clean. My face felt really good afterwards. The aftershave felt similar to Trumper's skin food. The only thing I thought was odd was that the cream that I received was more of a soft soap. It could have happened with the heat and shipping, but it still preformed well.

The only other Lime I can compare it to is the Trumpers lime cream and skinfood sample. While I enjoyed the Trumpers, I think I like the CF lime more. It smells more like lime to me, if that makes sense.

I think the travel sizes of products seem to be a good way to play in the flavor of the month games without having the shave goods in the house getting out of hand.

I think the travel sizes of products seem to be a good way to play in the flavor of the month games without having the shave goods in the house getting out of hand.

Very true. I did travel sizes for testing (where possible) or got samples from those places that put them together. Although in the end the shave goods in the house still got out of hand. :lol:

Then one of our buddy's on line in an Old Spice thread suggested a search on Ebay. And voila

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Old-Spice-shav...#ht_1477wt_809

Needed to put up a lime green caution here. The package arrived. Boxes badly damaged, two caps broken, minor, minor leakage. All will be usable but the $8 shipping (actual price shipper paid for postage was 257 rupees, about $5.50) does not get you any bubble wrap or styro chips. I emailed my concerns and they sent a sweet prompt note back indicating they would give me a free tube on my next order and promised to improve their packing. No need for members to comment on this issue too extensively, I do not want to derail this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Godrej Lime with some Trumpers!!.. Any limier and I may as well grab a lime from the garden and shave with its juices

Castle Forbes with Royall Lyme and CF Lime Balm. Yum-O.

A shout out for the Vulfix Lime, since it didn't seem to make the list above. Fluffy, creamy, rich, green. I am not a fan of the soapy WIL-types (C&E, T&H, Trumper's), but of those the Vulfix is the clear winner to me. At least scent-wise.

It's JuLIME 16th. We're now on the downhill side of JuLIME.

I've been enjoying seeing what some of you are using along with your LIME cream of choice. Someone mentioned C&E West Indies Lime EdT, which I like, but wish it lasted longer.

It's JuLIME 16th. We're now on the downhill side of JuLIME.

I've been enjoying seeing what some of you are using along with your LIME cream of choice. Someone mentioned C&E West Indies Lime EdT, which I like, but wish it lasted longer.

I only have one Lime in my den and thats the GFT but aside from a few test days (product testing or samples) here and there it's been all GFT Lime for me! :thumbup1:

I'm enjoying GFT Lime and JuLime!

I just can't get enough of this stuff. It's this or the soap most days this month:

attachment.php

Gentlemen:

I am also a man of lime. And I have enjoyed a number of lime shaving creams & soaps, colognes, after shaves, shower gel ('Real Lime' -English, highly recommended), etc.

But I asked myself: how can one add a high-quality essence of lime to my favorite unscented, or other scented, shave creams? (What about menthol-and-lime, almond-and-lime, etc.?) Where can I find lime essence that can easily be infused into any other cream I use? Would it decrease the lather content? Will it work? It turns out it does. Hurrah!

Buy an inexpensive bottle of lime oil. It is the same pure extract used in the best of the pre-made preparations and mixtures. And it permits you to add as much or little as you like, and on a daily basis to choose among your creams and how much. The cost is also very low and allows you to make a great-lathering inexpensive cream into a much more pleasurable, lime-scented one.

The bottle I purchased cost $4.99 at a health food store in Mahattan. I am sure it is available everywhere; and I noticed it for sale on Ebay. Today I shaved with lime-infused Proraso (in its Bigelow form). See the proud pic, below.

I wish you all good lime.

Cheers,

Mike H

P.S. More on the idea of other essence-infused shaves in another post, soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom