What's new

Shaving Cream --I need opinions & feedback

I am using Trumpers Rose and Violet creams in the tub. What about Taylor of Old Bond Street's Lavendar and Truefitt & Hill's Lavendar? With all of the choices out there, it gets confusing. Also, should I stay with one brand or jump around? I would value the forum's experiences.

Thank you all very much.

Variety is what we are all about. I do not limit my experiences to one brand. If I purchase a shave cream I don't like, I will trade it and get something else. Taylors and T&H make some fine shave creams.

T&H's 1805 and Trafalgar are my favorite scents. For lavender, I have QED 's Lavender soap. Honestly, I did not like it at first, but after a few incredible shaves, it really grew on me! Crabtree & Evelyn's Almond explodes with scent and is very moisturizing, as is Taylor's Avocado. This is a dangerous topic!

Randy

I'll echo what Randy and Austin have already said. Variety increases the enjoyment of what we do. You get to experience different scents, consistencies, lathers, etc. I try to buy at least one scent of all the makers of creams/soaps that I can (at least being the key words). I now have enough varieties/scents that it takes me eighteen days if I rotate each one of them. And.... I have two more on order!

Many of the guys on this forum, as you can see from the posts, will have collections that dwarf mine. I'd like to think I'm catching up to them but my guess is I'm not.

Do I have favorites? Absolutely, but I still enjoy them all and look forward to some more than others. (Well, except one, I really don't like Proraso green. Again, personal preference). The rest are all part of my rotation.

You'll find not only do the soaps/creams add variety, so will razors, brushes and colognes. Your Chrismas wish list should be filling up nicely.:smile:

Enjoy

Jerry

I now have enough varieties/scents that it takes me eighteen days if I rotate each one of them.

18 days...WOW...that's all? Wait...are you shaving twice a day?:001_tt2:

If I rotate through them all, I can make a month...unfortunately, well, actually fortunately, I have a handful that do get used more often!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
18 days...WOW...that's all? Wait...are you shaving twice a day?:001_tt2:

If I rotate through them all, I can make a month...unfortunately, well, actually fortunately, I have a handful that do get used more often!

Randy

Here's the frequency I'd have to shave to use Ron's products in a week.:shaving:

Ron, you do set the bar high!! someone say bar.. I'll have a frozen Margarita.:thumbup1:

Jerry

DoubleE said:
Here's the frequency I'd have to shave to use Ron's products in a week.:shaving:
Jerry
I don't buy it! My guess would be a month's worth’s of shavings - minimum. We've yet to be made privy to the contents of the inner sanctum of Ron's shaving den. I don’t believe Indiana Jones could even make it in there alive. :scared:

Rik said:
I don't buy it! My guess would be a month's worth’s of shavings - minimum. We've yet to be made privy to the contents of the inner sanctum of Ron's shaving den. I don’t believe Indiana Jones could even make it in there alive. :scared:

Rik:

I was recently taken blindfolded into the bowels of the famed shaving den to protect the location. Like King Tut's tomb.....treasures everywhere. :001_tt1: I was like a kid in a candy store! The Lathermeister graciously let me lather, spray, and spritz to my heart's content. I was personally instructed by the Lathermeister himself in the art of hard soap lathering...impressive to say the least!

When my eyes roll back in my head and I go to my happy place....that's where I go!!

You guys that are close will have to come to the Mecca of Wet Shaving and join us in our Southern Oklahoma Breakfast and Shaveoff sometime!! Hopefully, the King would be more than willing to provide guided tours!

Jerry

Top Bottom