What's new

Shaving Cream gone bad, maybe?

I have 2 tubes of Shaving cream i bought in Spain last year. (A Lea and a La Toya)
Now 10 months later they have changed dramatically in consistency

A few days ago I wanted to use the Lea, and found it very fluent.
I almost ran out of the tube by it self.
Today I found the La Toya to do the same

I tried it anyway, and even though it did not lather as well at i remembered it, it did work, and didn't smell bad either.

I haven't experienced this with other of my creams.

Is it normal for a shaving cream to bad this way?
And can it be reversed? (maybe a trip to the fridge)

Thx in advance for any insight to this.
Dennis.

proxy.php

sir emancipator12, scary report.
have to wonder if both tubes came from same factory.
my only guess is that somehow the ingredients have separated.
possibly bad ingredients or storage.
you could try this...slice one tube open, scoop and transfer to a small jar, mix well, and see if the cream restores itself.
keep us posted.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Several batches of UK Ingram cream had this problem over the past 6 or 7 years, probably contributing to the product's demise. It separated after a time and came out runny, like a liquid. Vigorously shaking the tube for 30 seconds seemed to help. I had 3 tubes like this. Shaking worked for one; I cut open one tube and squeezed and scraped it into an empty Proraso tub, stirred it well, and left it uncovered. After a few days it cured into what was at least a usable soft soap/hard cream.The third one I passed along.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I thought that a shake and a trip to the fridge might help. I have noticed that with a few creams that I have purchased and received from overseas, they appear to have separated from the time that they were sent until they arrived here in Australia. I believe that it has something to do with being in the pressurised cargo hold of a plane. No scientific evidence just a hunch. Shaking the tubs up so far has made them useable.

Several batches of UK Ingram cream had this problem over the past 6 or 7 years, probably contributing to the product's demise. It separated after a time and came out runny, like a liquid. Vigorously shaking the tube for 30 seconds seemed to help. I had 3 tubes like this. Shaking worked for one; I cut open one tube and squeezed and scraped it into an empty Proraso tub, stirred it well, and left it uncovered. After a few days it cured into what was at least a usable soft soap/hard cream.The third one I passed along.
They were like this when bought from shops in the U.K. too. I am glad I stocked up on it when it was still readily available though.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
They were like this when bought from shops in the U.K. too. I am glad I stocked up on it when it was still readily available though.
I've still got 5 or more tubes somewhere in the back of the press myself. Fantastic summer cream, despite any issues. Time to find and use it!

Top Bottom