What's new

Shaving Cream for Winter?

looking for a good shaving cream for winter.....been using can proraso sensitive cream but heard not to use can shaving cream for winter?

looking for a good shaving cream for winter.....been using can proraso sensitive cream but heard not to use can shaving cream for winter?

I haven't heard that before. I wouldn't use canned shave cream at any time of year. :001_tt2:

That's probably more for those living in a country that gets a real winter with severe conditions that dry and abuse your skin (low temperatures outside and dry inside, snow, wind, etc.). Then you could use a cream with more moisturizing properties. If your winter is desert dry then that might apply to you too.

In addition to TOBS Avocado, I can also recommend Godrej, Musgo Real and Cella (soft soap) but you'll need a brush to apply them.

+1 Musgo Real. That's a true gentleman's scent.

+1 Cella. Good year round, and will moisturize your face nicely. Follow it up with a cup of hot cocoa if you're hungry.

Nancy Boy Replenishing SC is nice for Winter (Michigan where it gets cold and humidity drops in the house)

You can use any thing that doesn't give you any skin problems. I use C.O. Bigelow or one of my VDH soaps year around.

I second the notion to go with TOBS Avocado. If you can find a shaving cream where lanolin is a main component, that would be good in the winter, also.

In the dead of a Chicago winter, I want something fresh (Musgo Real, Godrej Rich Foam) or citrus-y (J.M. Fraser, most anything "lime".

Hey Flatlinerz. I'm in Melbourne too. I know all of these are soaps, but currently I'm rotating between Mitchell's Wool Fat, Valobra shave stick and Palmolive (Euro version with tallow) shave stick. I used the Palmolive this morning - great, moisturising shave. The shave sticks have the advantage of being a bit quicker in the mornings as I only face lather. YMMV though.

I seem to have a thing for tallow-based soaps ...

PM me if you want me to cut a slice off the Palmolive or Valobra stick for you to try...

Hey Flatlinerz. I'm in Melbourne too. I know all of these are soaps, but currently I'm rotating between Mitchell's Wool Fat, Valobra shave stick and Palmolive (Euro version with tallow) shave stick. I used the Palmolive this morning - great, moisturising shave. The shave sticks have the advantage of being a bit quicker in the mornings as I only face lather. YMMV though.

I seem to have a thing for tallow-based soaps ...

PM me if you want me to cut a slice off the Palmolive or Valobra stick for you to try...

hey mate I have just pm you

Top Bottom